AutoBanter

-   Honda (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   96 accord a/c problem (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=71958)

Rocky[_2_] August 10th 06 10:54 AM

96 accord a/c problem

96 accord, 65k miles, max a/c, both fans are on at radiator, clutch is
engaged on compressor, system was charged by one of those cans with a gauge
on it from a store (not me) - but it still blows warm air - any suggestions
to troubleshoot?
Rocky

E Meyer August 10th 06 02:05 PM

96 accord a/c problem

Put the gauges on it and see if it is charged correctly. They blow hot air
both when undercharged and overcharged. It has to be "just right".

On 8/10/06 4:54 AM, in article , "Rocky"

ib[_1_] August 10th 06 05:06 PM

96 accord a/c problem

"E Meyer" > wrote in message
> Put the gauges on it and see if it is charged correctly. They blow hot
> air
> both when undercharged and overcharged. It has to be "just right".
>

> On 8/10/06 4:54 AM, in article , "Rocky"
> > wrote:
>
>> 96 accord, 65k miles, max a/c, both fans are on at radiator, clutch is
>> engaged on compressor, system was charged by one of those cans with a
>> gauge
>> on it from a store (not me) - but it still blows warm air - any
>> suggestions
>> to troubleshoot?
>> Rocky

Check the cable / valve which shuts off the hot water going to the heater,
from the temp control in the car

nnote August 10th 06 05:53 PM

96 accord a/c problem

On my accord it was the a/c thermostat... I spent two days diagnosing
everything I could, and couldn't fiqure it out. So I took it to the
dealer. 450$ later ($50 for the stupid thermostat), all was fixed. I
didn't even know the thermostat existed...damn... It's back behind the
glovebox.
Nick

Rocky[_2_] August 22nd 06 11:24 AM

96 accord a/c problem

You are correct. It was determined the gauge on the freon can was not
accurate. The system was still low and more freon needed to be aded - the
a/c works fine now.
Rocky