AutoBanter

-   Corvette (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   opinion please continued (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=61397)

rebco10 April 4th 06 02:44 AM

opinion please continued

The car also has headers and 390 gears. Were the gears an option?

cyndy April 4th 06 02:59 AM

opinion please continued

They were aftermarket.

cyndy April 4th 06 03:00 AM

opinion please continued

They were aftermarket.

cyndy April 4th 06 03:00 AM

opinion please continued

They were aftermarket.

Dad April 4th 06 03:49 AM

opinion please continued

"rebco10" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> The car also has headers and 390 gears. Were the gears an option?

No by GM, 3.42:1 was standard on the 6 speed (no options) and 2.73:1
auto with a 3.15:1 as an option. The 3.90 have got to be stump pullers
and hell on mileage.

--
Dad
05 C6 Silver/Red 6spd Z51

Bob G. April 4th 06 05:22 AM

opinion please continued

On 3 Apr 2006 18:44:34 -0700, "rebco10" > wrote:

>The car also has headers and 390 gears. Were the gears an option?

Unless you know the driver, and know the car... I honestly would
pass ... headers and 390's tell me its done more then a few 1/4 mile
trips ...not necessarily ture since many of us Corevtte nuts just like
to play around with the cars but still treat them with tender loving
care...

Finding a used Corvette with stock exhaust is pretty hard... and to be
honest, finding one with an aftermarket exhaust is a plus ...as it
just saves me from buying one and installing it...

Bob G

rebco10 April 5th 06 02:40 AM

opinion please continued

Bob G and Dad your help is always welcome. I am probably going to buy
a simple 99 for sale. Blue beige interior. Lots of options, nothing
special.