AutoBanter

-   Technology (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Seized A/C compressor + power steering? (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=39019)

[email protected] July 24th 05 09:57 PM

Seized A/C compressor + power steering?

I have a 1995 Mazda Protege. I believe the A/C compressor is seized
and therefore the power steering isn't working because the compressor
runs a drivebelt that connects to the power steering pump. Is there any
way to bypass the A/C compressor or get that drive belt to the power
steering working again? Right now I don't care about the A/C as I care
about the power steering because I need to have my car pass state
inspection.

Thanks,

Nathanael

Mike Walsh July 25th 05 06:17 PM

Some vehicles that use serpentine belts use one belt if there is AC and a different belt if there is no AC. I have by bypassed the AC compressor on GM vehicles simply by using the belt for a non-AC vehicle.

--
Mike Walsh
West Palm Beach, Florida, U.S.A.