AutoBanter

-   VW air cooled (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Engine wont turn over! (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=13596)

Exille November 21st 04 02:05 AM

Engine wont turn over!

Finally got around to putting in my new 1776, everything hooked up, but when
i go to fire it all i get is a single heavy *click* from the starter, ive
double checked all connections, rapped on the dolenoid with a hammer, oh, i
should probably add this, from what i can see underneath, the PO of my 72
beetle has removed the original solenoid and in stalled in its place, a Ford
solenoid.....ive fingered this as the main problem, just wondering if
anybody had any thoughts on this.

jjs November 21st 04 02:27 AM

"Exille" > wrote in message
> Finally got around to putting in my new 1776, everything hooked up, but
> when
> i go to fire it all i get is a single heavy *click* from the starter, ive
> double checked all connections, rapped on the dolenoid with a hammer, oh,
> should probably add this, from what i can see underneath, the PO of my 72
> beetle has removed the original solenoid and in stalled in its place, a
> Ford
> solenoid.....ive fingered this as the main problem, just wondering if
> anybody had any thoughts on this.

Can you turn the crank manually? Anywho, you can start it directly,
bypassing the solenoid. Need directions?

Exille November 23rd 04 05:08 AM

Yea, its a brand spankin new engine, i can turn the crank, direct me :)