AutoBanter

-   VW water cooled (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Failed emissions test (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=61604)

Lost In Space/Woodchuck April 6th 06 02:30 AM

Failed emissions test

Find another mechanic before he sucks you wallet dry! Sounds like he's
blowin' smoke...

none2u April 7th 06 01:15 AM

Failed emissions test

You,ve given a legitimate acceptable reason why to use this mechanic. I
jumped the gun because didn't say that some obvious things were done. The
clutch, exhaust brakes , tires , cambelt , clutch cable are not out of line
at 72k, over three years. You,ve had some issues with a used car that can
taste bad. But that's used cars. I,m having trouble following this post ,
now, but it appears you got the car to pass by changing the plugs and oil.
Or it only passed a MOT. and still failed another emission test. Good luck.
Pinking is really pinging. I think he told you the heat shield was rattling
, maybe. Another common thing at 72k. Good luck