AutoBanter

-   Technology (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   350 fuel pump (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=72130)

[email protected] August 12th 06 06:28 PM

350 fuel pump

Hi all.. New here.. I have been working on my 86 Trans AM for the
last two years.. a few questions have come up. One is I dropped a 76 2
bolt 350 in and trashed the 305. The 350 came out of either a truck or
a vette. My question is will the 86 mechanical 305 fuel pump work on
the '76 block?

Don Byrer August 13th 06 06:24 AM

350 fuel pump

On 12 Aug 2006 10:28:23 -0700, wrote:

> Hi all.. New here.. I have been working on my 86 Trans AM for the
>last two years.. a few questions have come up. One is I dropped a 76 2
>bolt 350 in and trashed the 305. The 350 came out of either a truck or
>a vette. My question is will the 86 mechanical 305 fuel pump work on
>the '76 block?

Any decent parts store or yard should be able to answer that...
"I" think it will work fine.

My REAL answer...BUY A NEW (Quality) PUMP..they aint that
expensive...and a good investment against future problems i.e., vapor
lock, etc

--Don
Don Byrer KJ5KB
Radar Tech & Smilin' Commercial Pilot Guy
Glider student, CFI-SEL wannabe
kj5kb-at-hotmail.com

"I have slipped the surly bonds of earth; now if I can just land without bending the gear..."
"Watch out for those doves...<smack-smack-smack-smack...>"