AutoBanter

-   Honda (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   playing mp3 cds (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=63255)

GPN April 24th 06 04:43 AM

playing mp3 cds

I have a number of songs as mp3s on CDs but my 99 honda civic has only
a regular audio cd player. Can I use my discman and some kind of
adapter (or any other way) and the existing audio system in my car to
play these mp3 cds?
If i have to buy a new player, can someone please give me some advise
on the models, what to note etc? PS: I dont want to spend too much
money and yet get something that will serve the purpose.
Thanks,
GPN

'Curly Q. Links' April 24th 06 06:27 AM

playing mp3 cds

GPN wrote:

> I have a number of songs as mp3s on CDs but my 99 honda civic has only
> a regular audio cd player. Can I use my discman and some kind of
> adapter (or any other way) and the existing audio system in my car to
> play these mp3 cds?
> If i have to buy a new player, can someone please give me some advise
> on the models, what to note etc? PS: I dont want to spend too much
> money and yet get something that will serve the purpose.
> Thanks,
> GPN

-----------------------------------

Search this News Group or use google.com. . It's been asked (and solved)
thirty times already this year.

'Curly'

notbob April 24th 06 02:49 PM

playing mp3 cds

On 2006-04-24, GPN > wrote:
> I have a number of songs as mp3s on CDs but my 99 honda civic has only
> a regular audio cd player. Can I use my discman and some kind of
> adapter (or any other way) and the existing audio system in my car to
> play these mp3 cds?
> If i have to buy a new player......

You don't.

Do you have a CD burner on your Windows computer? If so, some CD
burner software will convert .mp3 files to .au files which will then
play on any CD player. Nero 6.0 and newer will do this. These .au
CD's will play even on old 1st gen CD players. I'd stay away from
Roxio software, despite the fact many quality CD burners include a
copy. I've had nothing but trouble with it.

nb

SoCalMike April 26th 06 08:00 AM

playing mp3 cds

notbob wrote:
> Do you have a CD burner on your Windows computer? If so, some CD
> burner software will convert .mp3 files to .au files which will then
> play on any CD player. Nero 6.0 and newer will do this. These .au
> CD's will play even on old 1st gen CD players. I'd stay away from
> Roxio software, despite the fact many quality CD burners include a
> copy. I've had nothing but trouble with it.

if the OP can find or use a burner that uses nero, its much better.