AutoBanter

-   VW air cooled (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Shag needs to try this..... (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=34344)

Lynn Martin June 2nd 05 03:11 PM

Shag needs to try this.....

Shag, this may not be street legal even in North Carolina. I suppose it is
OK in New Zealand though.

http://www.aardvark.co.nz/pjet/

Lynn
1974 Superbeetle

Remco June 2nd 05 03:29 PM

Lynn Martin wrote:
> Shag, this may not be street legal even in North Carolina. I suppose it is
> OK in New Zealand though.
>
> http://www.aardvark.co.nz/pjet/
>
> Lynn
> 1974 Superbeetle

Wow! If it _is_ legal in NC, let me make a mental note to not drive
behind Shag when he decides to implement this in his MadMax mobile :)

johnboy June 2nd 05 04:04 PM

"Lynn Martin" > wrote in message
. ..
> Shag, this may not be street legal even in North Carolina. I suppose it
> is OK in New Zealand though.
>
> http://www.aardvark.co.nz/pjet/

There was a fellow in rural Newton, Iowa who put a jet engine in a Bradley
(vw kit car). He just sold it last year. I hear it was a lot of noise, slow
pickup.

tricky June 2nd 05 06:54 PM

I saw that on junkyard wars. I didn't put out much power !

Rich

Shag June 2nd 05 10:14 PM

On 2 Jun 2005 07:29:01 -0700, "Remco" > wrote:

>Lynn Martin wrote:
>> Shag, this may not be street legal even in North Carolina. I suppose it is
>> OK in New Zealand though.
>>
>> http://www.aardvark.co.nz/pjet/
>>
>> Lynn
>> 1974 Superbeetle

>Wow! If it _is_ legal in NC, let me make a mental note to not drive
>behind Shag when he decides to implement this in his MadMax mobile :)

hahaha!
I don't have *that* much time on my hands. :-)

Tom Nakashima June 3rd 05 02:35 PM

"Shag" > wrote in message
> On 2 Jun 2005 07:29:01 -0700, "Remco" > wrote:
>
>>Lynn Martin wrote:
>>> Shag, this may not be street legal even in North Carolina. I suppose it
>>> is
>>> OK in New Zealand though.
>>>
>>> http://www.aardvark.co.nz/pjet/
>>>
>>> Lynn
>>> 1974 Superbeetle

>>Wow! If it _is_ legal in NC, let me make a mental note to not drive
>>behind Shag when he decides to implement this in his MadMax mobile :)

> hahaha!
> I don't have *that* much time on my hands. :-)

North Carolina??? I thought you guys told me Shag and Joey were separated
at birth, so how did one end up in Virginia the other in NC?
-tom

Shag June 3rd 05 09:33 PM

On Fri, 3 Jun 2005 06:35:14 -0700, "Tom Nakashima"
> wrote:

>"Shag" > wrote in message
.. .

>>>Wow! If it _is_ legal in NC, let me make a mental note to not drive
>>>behind Shag when he decides to implement this in his MadMax mobile :)

>> hahaha!
>> I don't have *that* much time on my hands. :-)
>>

>North Carolina??? I thought you guys told me Shag and Joey were separated
>at birth, so how did one end up in Virginia the other in NC?
>-tom

I just got lucky, that's all. :-)

Joey Tribiani June 3rd 05 10:57 PM

"Shag" > wrote in message

> I just got lucky, that's all. :-)

hehe...yeah...he got the Homeowners association and i got the mountains for
neighbors...LOL....shag...you are a great person dude...i would surely have
rather had you for a brother than the dud i was given...<G>

Joey Tribiani June 3rd 05 11:05 PM

"Tom Nakashima" > wrote in message

> North Carolina??? I thought you guys told me Shag and Joey were separated
> at birth, so how did one end up in Virginia the other in NC?
> -tom

he is in hiding from his redneck relatives....but he didn't go far....what
shag, about three and a half hours?

Shag June 4th 05 12:15 AM

On Fri, 3 Jun 2005 18:05:24 -0400, "Joey Tribiani" >
wrote:

>"Tom Nakashima" > wrote in message
>

>> North Carolina??? I thought you guys told me Shag and Joey were separated
>> at birth, so how did one end up in Virginia the other in NC?
>> -tom
>>

>he is in hiding from his redneck relatives....but he didn't go far....what
>shag, about three and a half hours?

I'm not sure. I'll have to make the trip sometime to know. :-) And
you warn me before you come back for a visit so I can hide my Muir
"manual" or at least make sure it's not in the "reading room" where
you could use it for something other than reading. HAHAHA!