AutoBanter

-   Ford Explorer (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   95 eddie wants to die (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=38726)

harvickcrew July 21st 05 02:36 AM

95 eddie wants to die

my 95 eddie wants to die after i start it feels like its starving for
gas can someone help please

harvickcrew

Topic URL: http://www.autoforumz.com/Ford-Explo...ict129938.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.autoforumz.com/eform.php?p=633152

Mikepier July 21st 05 12:05 PM

If you can keep it running by giving it gas, but then it dies when you
take it off, it is probably the IAC valve., a common problem. You can
remove it and clean it, but if that does not work, you might have to by
a new one.

S.P. July 27th 05 03:41 AM

> If you can keep it running by giving it gas, but then it dies when you
> take it off, it is probably the IAC valve., a common problem. You can
> remove it and clean it, but if that does not work, you might have to by
> a new one.

What is that and where is it?

Mikepier July 28th 05 12:07 PM

I'm not familiar with the 95 OHV V6, but it's usually mounted close to
the intake manifold on the throttle body. It looks similiar to this:
http://lightning.prohosting.com/~v8mate/auiac2.jpg.

Its usually held in with 2 bolts.

Mikepier July 28th 05 12:18 PM

Sorry if that pic does not work. Try this and scroll to the bottom

http://lightning.prohosting.com/~v8mate/auiac.html