AutoBanter

-   VW air cooled (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Engine runs rough exept during acceleration (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=72785)

[email protected] August 20th 06 11:43 PM

Engine runs rough exept during acceleration

Hello,
I have a 95 VW Golf. Lately the engine has been running roughly when I
am iddling a lot (in traffic) and even when I am driving faster (on the
highway). It has been a bit intermittant but becoming more regular.

The engine has been running roughly EXEPT when I accelerate.

I am thinking that it could be due to clogged fuel injectors (or maybe
the wiring from the distributor cap). What do you think I should look
into first?

If it is the fuel injectors - does the product that you add to your
gas help?

Thanks for any help,

Mark

Jan[_1_] August 21st 06 02:14 AM

Engine runs rough exept during acceleration

You are in thewrong newsgroup. We don't do watercooled cars here.

For that you should go to our sister group, rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled

They will help you with your watercooled VW problems.

Jan

--
--------------------------------
Beer is made by fermentation caused by bacteria feeding on yeast cells

[email protected] August 23rd 06 12:13 AM

Engine runs rough exept during acceleration

Look into the dealer garage. For a minimun sum, they can hook it up to
a computer.. and give you an accurate description of what is wrong. Why
waist $10 on injector cleaner that will cause an o-ring leak, $20 on
filter.. when the dealer is only about $75, and will tell you exactly
what to do??

JuneauBug August 24th 06 04:17 AM

Engine runs rough exept during acceleration

If it doesn't run when you try to accelerate, how do you get out of the
driveway?

Ken
Juneau, AK
oups.com...

bug '59 August 25th 06 04:23 PM

Engine runs rough exept during acceleration

"JuneauBug" > schreef in bericht
> If it doesn't run when you try to accelerate, how do you get out of the
> driveway?

Running roughly doesn't mean not running at all