AutoBanter

-   Alfa Romeo (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Alfa Romeo @ Virgin Cars (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=206)

Mitch bryson June 22nd 04 04:10 PM

Alfa Romeo @ Virgin Cars

Thinking Of Buying A New Alfa Romeo? - Whatever Alfa Romeo You Want To
Buy, Come To Virgin Cars.

Zathras June 22nd 04 10:26 PM

On 22 Jun 2004 08:10:10 -0700, (Mitch bryson)
wrote:

>Thinking Of Buying A New Alfa Romeo? - Whatever Alfa Romeo You Want To
>Buy, Come To Virgin Cars.

Like I did..three and a half years of Customer Service HELL followed!!
I was one of the *lucky* ones to get his complaint replied to from Sir
Richard Branson.

I won't bore you all with my 4 inch thick file on Virgin Cars....

Perhaps 'Motor Solutions' (part of DC Cook) who bought VC early in the
year will sort out this company where Branson couldn't.

Anyway, Mitch, why didn't you send this from a Virgin Cars Email
address - not brave enough?

Scotland
Alfa Romeo 156 2.4JTD Veloce Leather
'Oil' be seeing you..
(Email without 'Alfa' in subject are auto-deleted..sorry!)

Catman June 22nd 04 10:57 PM

Zathras wrote:

> On 22 Jun 2004 08:10:10 -0700, (Mitch bryson)
> wrote:
>
>>Thinking Of Buying A New Alfa Romeo? - Whatever Alfa Romeo You Want To
>>Buy, Come To Virgin Cars.

> Like I did..

I was just wondering what gmail's attitude to spam is.......

Alfa 116 Giulietta 3.0l (Really) Sprint 1.7
www.cuore-sportivo.co.uk

Pete June 22nd 04 11:12 PM

On Tue, 22 Jun 2004 22:26:57 +0100, Zathras
>, wrote:

>On 22 Jun 2004 08:10:10 -0700, (Mitch bryson)
>wrote:
>
>>Thinking Of Buying A New Alfa Romeo? - Whatever Alfa Romeo You Want To
>>Buy, Come To Virgin Cars.

>Like I did..three and a half years of Customer Service HELL followed!!
>I was one of the *lucky* ones to get his complaint replied to from Sir
>Richard Branson.
>
>I won't bore you all with my 4 inch thick file on Virgin Cars....
>
>Perhaps 'Motor Solutions' (part of DC Cook) who bought VC early in the
>year will sort out this company where Branson couldn't.
>
>Anyway, Mitch, why didn't you send this from a Virgin Cars Email
>address - not brave enough?

Who ever the OP is, they have performed a useful service to the group
as it has drawn your very On Topic reply to the thread.
I am sure that future readers will read the follow-up posts too <BWG>

Pete
--

156 2.0 TS (2001) - Proteo Rosso (his)
147 2.0 TS (2002) - Gem Green (her's)

Pete June 22nd 04 11:14 PM

On Tue, 22 Jun 2004 21:57:05 GMT, Catman >,
wrote:

>Zathras wrote:
>
>> On 22 Jun 2004 08:10:10 -0700, (Mitch bryson)
>> wrote:
>>
>>>Thinking Of Buying A New Alfa Romeo? - Whatever Alfa Romeo You Want To
>>>Buy, Come To Virgin Cars.

>> Like I did..

>I was just wondering what gmail's attitude to spam is.......

Mmm. Clause 3 of the FAQ ?
I think their post shot their own foot though :-)

Pete

Zathras June 23rd 04 02:18 PM

On Tue, 22 Jun 2004 23:14:39 +0100, > wrote:

>On Tue, 22 Jun 2004 21:57:05 GMT, Catman >,
>wrote:
>
>>Zathras wrote:

>>> Like I did..

>>I was just wondering what gmail's attitude to spam is.......

>Mmm. Clause 3 of the FAQ ?

Didn't Catman originally write the FAQ?! Maybe we should go easy on
him..he's not as young as he used to be!! ;-)

>I think their post shot their own foot though :-)

I actually feel sorry for the Motor Solutions people, who seem quite
decent, they've really got their work cut out to get somewhere with
VC. I wonder if they really knew what they were buying?

Anyway, my experience of Motor Solutions, so far, is actually very
good. My experience of Virgin Cars has been utterly miserable to date.

IIRC, new customers may have a better chance as they will be attended
by Motor Solutions. Old customers go through what's left of the old VC
that's still in the process of merging with MS. Catman will be aware
of the joys of inter-company, incompatible database reconciliation??

Catman June 26th 04 11:08 AM

Zathras wrote:

> On Tue, 22 Jun 2004 23:14:39 +0100, > wrote:
>
>>On Tue, 22 Jun 2004 21:57:05 GMT, Catman
>, wrote:

>>>I was just wondering what gmail's attitude to spam is.......

>>Mmm. Clause 3 of the FAQ ?

> Didn't Catman originally write the FAQ?!

I thought Pete was pointing out that the FAQ pretty much allows commercial
Alfa ads......

>Maybe we should go easy on
> him..he's not as young as he used to be!! ;-)

Strue, damn it ;)

toon_alfa June 30th 04 10:37 PM

After my recent experiences, I wouldn't touch Virgin Cars with a barge pole
- and that is since Motor Solutions took over (May 2004).

Cars which do not exist, false promises, calls not returned and I'm still
waiting for the promised compensation!!!!

I feel an email to BBC Watchdog coming on......

Toon Alfa

Zathras July 1st 04 09:51 AM

On Wed, 30 Jun 2004 17:37:29 -0400, "toon_alfa" >
wrote:

>After my recent experiences, I wouldn't touch Virgin Cars with a barge pole
>- and that is since Motor Solutions took over (May 2004).
>
>Cars which do not exist, false promises, calls not returned and I'm still
>waiting for the promised compensation!!!!
>
>I feel an email to BBC Watchdog coming on......

How long have you been waiting?