AutoBanter

-   VW air cooled (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Anyone know whats happening to The ShopTalk Forums? (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=26897)

P.J. Berg March 13th 05 08:34 PM

Anyone know whats happening to The ShopTalk Forums?

Missing my daily fix of the highly addictive STF.

I know Raby was ****ed and wanted to pull the plug on his personal
forum, but this seems like an overkill, or is it technical/hacked again?

J.

Joey Tribiani March 13th 05 11:07 PM

"P.J. Berg" > wrote in message
> Missing my daily fix of the highly addictive STF.
>
> I know Raby was ****ed and wanted to pull the plug on his personal
> forum, but this seems like an overkill, or is it technical/hacked again?
>
> J.

Doc posted on THESamba that they were having "technical difficulties" and
some server problems....server is back online, but they can't get the
software to work and don't know why....

jjs March 13th 05 11:53 PM

What's he ****ed about this time?

Ben Boyle March 13th 05 11:59 PM

Probably somebody took one of his Type 4s and put hydraulic lifters in them after the fact!

jjs March 14th 05 12:03 AM

"Ben Boyle" > wrote in message
> Probably somebody took one of his Type 4s and put hydraulic lifters in
> them after the fact!

Aw man, say it ain't true! How silly is that! Or are you kidding me.

P.J. Berg March 14th 05 12:41 AM

jjs wrote:
> "Ben Boyle" > wrote in message
>
>>Probably somebody took one of his Type 4s and put hydraulic lifters in
>>them after the fact!

> Aw man, say it ain't true! How silly is that! Or are you kidding me.

Nah, some geezer critized his 3litre engine only putting out something
like 178 ponies on the rolling dyno, he had been predicting close to 300
I think.

To his defense, this is the first time the engine was run, consider it a
prototype. It was set up for F.I. but was run on carbs etc....

J.

Ben Boyle March 14th 05 12:41 AM

Have no clue, but I do know that based on his attitude I would personally never buy anything from him. He's way too
arrogant for just being an engine builder.

John Willis March 14th 05 02:37 AM

>> "Ben Boyle" > wrote in message

>> > Probably somebody took one of his Type 4s and put hydraulic lifters in
>> > them after the fact!

>"jjs" > wrote in message ...
>> Aw man, say it ain't true! How silly is that! Or are you kidding me.

On Sun, 13 Mar 2005 19:41:48 -0500, "Ben Boyle" >
scribbled this interesting note:
>Have no clue, but I do know that based on his attitude I would personally never buy anything from him. He's way too
>arrogant for just being an engine builder.

Just an engine builder. I suppose Georgia O'Keefe was merely someone
who painted some flowers.

What is to be despised is undeserved arrogance. From what I've seen
Jake is fully entitled to his fair share of arrogance. Of course, what
you and others may see as arrogance might simply be impatience since
he already learned the hard way how these things need to be put
together. If that is the case, then I have to give him his due. In
some ways I share those characteristics when it comes to the things I
am truly expert at, but those subjects rarely come up in this forum.

--
John Willis
(Remove the Primes before e-mailing me)

jjs March 14th 05 03:08 AM

"Ben Boyle" > wrote in message

> [...]> He's way too arrogant for just being an engine builder.

"Just an engine builder"? What's a person got to do to get some respect?

Ben Boyle March 14th 05 03:59 AM

Nothing wrong with being an engine builder. But, if you read some of his posts over the years I personally find them a
bit over the top.