AutoBanter

-   Ford Mustang (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   License plates for Yellow '05 GT (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=21692)

JohnH January 17th 05 02:20 AM

License plates for Yellow '05 GT

I'm looking for ideas for the Virginia plates for my new GT. Many of
the good ones are gone, especially anything with the word PONY in it,
although I was able to reserve PONY V8. The limit is seven
letters/numbers. Any ideas from you imaginative folks?

Thanks! BTW, got it out of the shop with the new transmission. All the
'clunking' noises are gone. The service manager said the fluid drained
from the tranny had metal filings in it. They didn't take it apart as
Ford wanted it returned to the factory immediately.

John H

On the 'PocoLoco' out of Deale, MD,
on the beautiful Chesapeake Bay!

"Divide each difficulty into as many parts as is feasible and necessary to resolve it."
Rene Descartes

Jim Chodrick January 17th 05 02:31 AM

How about 'YELL05' ?
Love the car BTW!

SVTKate January 17th 05 02:42 AM

I like that one Jim! Very clever!

Jim Warman January 17th 05 02:45 AM

My personal favourite (though not my idea) is "KYFPO"....

Keep Yer F*ckin' Paws Off, in case you're wondering.

Jim Chodrick January 17th 05 02:47 AM

thanks ; )

nk.net...

2.3Sleeper January 17th 05 08:10 AM

1. SCRMN05 (Screamin 05)
2. MLOYLO (Mello Yellow)
3. MYYLOGT (My Yellow GT)
4. YELOBLY (Yellow Belly)
5. SUNDROP (...)
6. SUNRISE (...)
7. LDRTHNU (Louder Than You)
8. NOTBLUE (Not Blue)
9. NOTRED (Not Red)
10. LITBULB (Lite Bulb)

That took about 1 minute of time. I am sure you can think of some others.

Don Manning

Garth Almgren January 17th 05 08:24 AM

Around 1/16/2005 6:20 PM, JohnH wrote:

> I'm looking for ideas for the Virginia plates for my new GT. Many of
> the good ones are gone, especially anything with the word PONY in it,
> although I was able to reserve PONY V8. The limit is seven
> letters/numbers. Any ideas from you imaginative folks?

Check out Tom Schmidt's Mustang links site. He's got loads of submitted
vanity plate suggestions there.

http://links.vintage-mustang.com

To see how it would look, surf over to http://www.acme.com/licensemaker/
and punch in your idea.

> John H
>
> On the 'PocoLoco' out of Deale, MD,
> on the beautiful Chesapeake Bay!

You need to change your sig when you're not in wrecked.boats. :)

--
/ Garth - '83 GL V6stang Hatch <Former MW #7> \
| My V6stang: http://www.v6stang.com/v6stang |

SVTKate January 17th 05 12:21 PM

I think one of the funniest I have ever seen was on an MG migit.
The little car was green with a white top it read
NOTA7UP

JohnH January 17th 05 05:50 PM

On Sun, 16 Jan 2005 20:31:24 -0600, "Jim Chodrick" >
wrote:

>How about 'YELL05' ?
>Love the car BTW!
>

>"JohnH" > wrote in message
.. .
>> I'm looking for ideas for the Virginia plates for my new GT. Many of
>> the good ones are gone, especially anything with the word PONY in it,
>> although I was able to reserve PONY V8. The limit is seven
>> letters/numbers. Any ideas from you imaginative folks?
>>
>> Thanks! BTW, got it out of the shop with the new transmission. All the
>> 'clunking' noises are gone. The service manager said the fluid drained
>> from the tranny had metal filings in it. They didn't take it apart as
>> Ford wanted it returned to the factory immediately.
>>
>> John H
>>
>> On the 'PocoLoco' out of Deale, MD,
>> on the beautiful Chesapeake Bay!
>>
>> "Divide each difficulty into as many parts as is feasible and necessary to
>> resolve it."
>> Rene Descartes

I like it! Gotta wait for the wife to get out of bed and see if she
likes it. Also, it's still available in VA.

Thanks.

JohnH January 17th 05 05:50 PM

On Mon, 17 Jan 2005 00:24:33 -0800, Garth Almgren >
wrote:

>Around 1/16/2005 6:20 PM, JohnH wrote:
>
>> I'm looking for ideas for the Virginia plates for my new GT. Many of
>> the good ones are gone, especially anything with the word PONY in it,
>> although I was able to reserve PONY V8. The limit is seven
>> letters/numbers. Any ideas from you imaginative folks?

>Check out Tom Schmidt's Mustang links site. He's got loads of submitted
>vanity plate suggestions there.
>
>http://links.vintage-mustang.com
>
>To see how it would look, surf over to http://www.acme.com/licensemaker/
>and punch in your idea.
>

>> John H
>>
>> On the 'PocoLoco' out of Deale, MD,
>> on the beautiful Chesapeake Bay!

>You need to change your sig when you're not in wrecked.boats. :)

Great site! Gave me lots of ideas such as EQUUS GT, MYYLOGT, YLOMOON,
YLO PONY, YLO HOSS, 05BRONC, KSMYHUF. HEEYAA just to name a few.