AutoBanter

-   Ford Explorer (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   96 Explorer Turn signal Problem HELP! (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=20911)

john December 4th 04 02:34 PM

96 Explorer Turn signal Problem HELP!

I am stumped. My explorer has me running in circles. Left directional is

operating fine. If I push the turn signal upward, to signal right turn
my relay starts to buzz. (The yellow one under the driver dash). If ??
I just push the lever without it clicking and let it blink a few times
then pushing it into the click position it is fine and does not buzz.
I have replaced the relay, I have replaced the turn signal arm. All
light function correctly. Anyone have any ideas.
John

Passerby December 15th 04 04:49 PM

john wrote:
> I am stumped. My explorer has me running in circles. Left directional

is

> operating fine. If I push the turn signal upward, to signal right

turn
> my relay starts to buzz. (The yellow one under the driver dash). If

??
> I just push the lever without it clicking and let it blink a few

times
> then pushing it into the click position it is fine and does not buzz.
> I have replaced the relay, I have replaced the turn signal arm. All
> light function correctly. Anyone have any ideas.
> John

John, I've had the problem of the buzzing relay in my 98 EB. Try
re-seating the buzzing relay in its socket. After doing that, I've
never had the problem again.

Best Wishes

MonicaA January 10th 05 01:08 AM

I have the same problem with my '97 explorer,but when I reseat the unit it
works for a short time then stops again??? the plug looks ok Do you have
any ideal what else it might be?