AutoBanter

-   Dodge (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   1994 dodge intrepid 3.3l (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=37598)

bignbad79 July 7th 05 09:05 PM

1994 dodge intrepid 3.3l

the car runs great for a minute or two then it will drop into granny gear
and wont shift then when you shuit it off it will be fine until you
drivwe it for a minute or two then it will again drop into granny gear
anyone have any idea what is wrong and how i might fix it

Gene Poon July 8th 05 06:12 AM

bignbad79 wrote:

> the car runs great for a minute or two then it will drop into granny gear
> and wont shift then when you shuit it off it will be fine until you
> drivwe it for a minute or two then it will again drop into granny gear
> anyone have any idea what is wrong and how i might fix it

The transmission is going to "limp-in" mode which is second gear,
because its computer thinks there is something wrong with it. Maybe the
clutches are worn, maybe there is a bad clutch seal, maybe bad
hydraulics, maybe a bad input or output sensor. The only right way is
to have the transmission scanned for fault codes, then a proper
diagnosis can be done. Otherwise you could be throwing irrelevant parts
at the problem.

bignbad79 July 13th 05 09:45 PM

this was my topic originall a freind of mine told me it was a sensor in
the tranny and that the sensor cost 500 dollars does this sound right

Gene Poon July 14th 05 07:03 AM

bignbad79 wrote:

> this was my topic originall a freind of mine told me it was a sensor in
> the tranny and that the sensor cost 500 dollars does this sound right

No.