AutoBanter

-   General (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Replacement bulbs (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=71830)

Mike S. August 9th 06 05:00 AM

Replacement bulbs

How do you know what kind of light bulbs you need when replacing the
headlights or license plate lights? The old bulbs don't have it on
there and it's not in the owner's manual. I would assume you could take
the old bulb to the store and just compare it to the other kinds in the
store. But what if they look alike but have different specs?

Kevin August 9th 06 06:14 AM

Replacement bulbs

"Mike S." > wrote in message
oups.com...
> How do you know what kind of light bulbs you need when replacing the
> headlights or license plate lights? The old bulbs don't have it on
> there and it's not in the owner's manual. I would assume you could take
> the old bulb to the store and just compare it to the other kinds in the
> store. But what if they look alike but have different specs?

Normally, you would tell the parts counter sales person the year make and
model of your vehicle and they would look up the correct bulbs in a parts
catalog.
--
Disclaimer:
Due to the nature of solving problems over the internet being mostly

--
Kevin Mouton
Automotive Technology Instructor

Mike Romain September 8th 06 04:29 PM

Replacement bulbs

All the owners manuals I have for my vehicles have a page that tells you
what all the bulbs are as well as what all the fuses are....

It is usually towards the end of the manual.

Mike
88 Cherokee 235 BFG AT's