AutoBanter

-   Driving (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Even moe stupid cop tricks (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=60825)

JohnH March 31st 06 12:20 AM

Even moe stupid cop tricks

>> No, it gives certain vehicles priority. No one is trying to cheat
>> you out of anything, regardless of how you are trying to twist this.

> Cops, cops' families, senators, mayors, aldermen, FOP contributors,
> the list of special favors regarding the vehicle code goes on....

Don't forget those dead guy parades. Just who do they think they... were?

Too much time on your hands? Waste it here!
www.crazydatingstories.com
www.crazykidstories.com
www.crazywarstories.com

DTJ March 31st 06 02:43 AM

Even moe stupid cop tricks

On Wed, 29 Mar 2006 20:25:49 -0500, Nate Nagel >
wrote:

>DTJ wrote:
>> The other day I was driving through a small city in Illinois, when I
>> noticed a cop come out of a cross street through a red light. He
>> turned in front of me to go the other way. Fortunately I know enough
>> to recognize that if a cop is moving he is dangerous, so I avoided
>> killing him.
>>
>> He then turned his lights on, swerved to his right, cut in front of a
>> whole bunch of other cars, and came back my way. **** him if he
>> thinks I am moving over, he will probably just hit me and blame me.
>> So I simply allow him to cruise by on my right, cut me off, cut off
>> someone as he gets back right, et cetera. He then stops at the next
>> light in the left turn lane. Oh, he had turned off all signals
>> immediately after turning around.
>>
>> He then guns it and cuts off everyone when the light turns green. He
>> even almost hits the oncoming traffic who will eventually turn left
>> across our lanes. Still no lights.
>>
>> As I watch ****tard drive away, I notice a vehicle in front of me
>> swerve into my lane, almost hitting me, because ****tard asshole cop
>> number two comes barreling out of another side street without lights,
>> turns and skids across traffic again, almost hits oncoming traffic, as
>> he is turning on his lights. I thought they were supposed to use them
>> BEFORE endangering innocent people.
>>
>> He then turns his off and stops at the next red light. Mind you these
>> lights are about half the distance apart that Chicago streets on the
>> SOuth side are going East to West - IE. less than 1/16th of a mile.
>>
>> As that light is turning green, another idiot cop comes out from the
>> right again almost hitting asshole cop number two as he blows through
>> the intersection, both swerving right and left, one barely missing a
>> parked car.
>>
>> Seriously, do these guys go to the Charlie Chaplin school of driving
>> or what?
>>
>> Eventually we have about 5 squads stopped at the next light, waiting
>> so they can cut off more traffic, everyone in front of them wondering
>> which one they are going to pull a Rodney King on. I decided to take
>> another route and ended up blowing down a 30MPH street at 50MPH or so
>> knowing that there just aren't enough idiot cops around to actually
>> see another one.
>>
>> On the radio today it became apparent what was up. A donut shop, no
>> joke, had been in the process of being held up, and the "gunman" had
>> actually hit somebody and presumably made him drop his tray of donuts.
>> The victim wasn't even hospitalized. I guarantee had this been any
>> other business, the typical response time of 15 minutes or more would
>> have been the case.
>>
>> *************************
>> Dave

>Everything that was done was necessary for the cops to do their jobs.
>You should know this by now, Dave... and be a little more understanding
> [...]

I know, I know. Killing civilians in the pursuit of donuts is
expressly allowed under Texas law...

*************************
Dave

DTJ March 31st 06 02:44 AM

Even moe stupid cop tricks

On Thu, 30 Mar 2006 05:56:03 GMT, "jaybird" > wrote:

>"DTJ" > wrote in message
.. .
>> The other day I was driving through a small city in Illinois, when I
>> noticed a cop come out of a cross street through a red light. He
>> turned in front of me to go the other way. Fortunately I know enough
>> to recognize that if a cop is moving he is dangerous, so I avoided
>> killing him.
>>
>> He then turned his lights on, swerved to his right, cut in front of a
>> whole bunch of other cars, and came back my way. **** him if he
>> thinks I am moving over, he will probably just hit me and blame me.
>> So I simply allow him to cruise by on my right, cut me off, cut off
>> someone as he gets back right, et cetera. He then stops at the next
>> light in the left turn lane. Oh, he had turned off all signals
>> immediately after turning around.
>>
>> He then guns it and cuts off everyone when the light turns green. He
>> even almost hits the oncoming traffic who will eventually turn left
>> across our lanes. Still no lights.
>>
>> As I watch ****tard drive away, I notice a vehicle in front of me
>> swerve into my lane, almost hitting me, because ****tard asshole cop
>> number two comes barreling out of another side street without lights,
>> turns and skids across traffic again, almost hits oncoming traffic, as
>> he is turning on his lights. I thought they were supposed to use them
>> BEFORE endangering innocent people.
>>
>> He then turns his off and stops at the next red light. Mind you these
>> lights are about half the distance apart that Chicago streets on the
>> SOuth side are going East to West - IE. less than 1/16th of a mile.
>>
>> As that light is turning green, another idiot cop comes out from the
>> right again almost hitting asshole cop number two as he blows through
>> the intersection, both swerving right and left, one barely missing a
>> parked car.
>>
>> Seriously, do these guys go to the Charlie Chaplin school of driving
>> or what?
>>
>> Eventually we have about 5 squads stopped at the next light, waiting
>> so they can cut off more traffic, everyone in front of them wondering
>> which one they are going to pull a Rodney King on. I decided to take
>> another route and ended up blowing down a 30MPH street at 50MPH or so
>> knowing that there just aren't enough idiot cops around to actually
>> see another one.
>>
>> On the radio today it became apparent what was up. A donut shop, no
>> joke, had been in the process of being held up, and the "gunman" had
>> actually hit somebody and presumably made him drop his tray of donuts.
>> The victim wasn't even hospitalized. I guarantee had this been any
>> other business, the typical response time of 15 minutes or more would
>> have been the case.

>Sounds like some good driving to me. They were able to get three units to a
>felony in progress through traffic without hitting anything or anyone.
>That's what I mean about police vehicles not being ordinary traffic and why
>I always give them plenty of room to pass or turn anytime I see one.

Nice theory. You are wrong. The paper today had an article about it.
Turns out the cop that UTurned and almost killed us HAD BEEn going the
right way. They were all rushing the wrong way...

*************************
Dave

DTJ March 31st 06 02:46 AM

Even moe stupid cop tricks

On Thu, 30 Mar 2006 07:47:40 -0500, necromancer
> wrote:

>> DTJ:
>> On the radio today it became apparent what was up. A donut shop, no
>> joke, had been in the process of being held up, and the "gunman" had
>> actually hit somebody and presumably made him drop his tray of donuts.

>I thought that your description of what was going on sounded like a code
>7-11...

I have to admit that I relied on the radio announcer to get the story
correct, and since he works for the media, well, he was wrong. It
actually turned out to be some low-end finance company. Oh well,
maybe they heard "donut" when the dispatcher said "hold up".

*************************
Dave

DTJ March 31st 06 02:51 AM

Even moe stupid cop tricks

On Thu, 30 Mar 2006 09:52:13 -0500, "JohnH" >
wrote:

>>> Sounds like some good driving to me. They were able to get three
>>> units to a felony in progress through traffic without hitting
>>> anything or anyone. That's what I mean about police vehicles not
>>> being ordinary traffic and why I always give them plenty of room to
>>> pass or turn anytime I see one.

>> So the cop that nearly cliped my car as he did 90mph down a 45mph
>> posted arterial road was just doing good driving?

>If I'm being held up I want the cops to have the accelerator to the floor.
>Perhaps you can let them know if you dial 911 to take their time, only drive
>posted speed limits and for pete's sake stay out of the left lane and not
>get near anyone else.
>
>(Then again I'm probably killfiled as you disagree with some things I say)

Not at all. While I am sure your opinion on this is way off and
biased, I respect your right to have it. The issue you seem to have
glossed over is that the cops were endangering people recklessly, yet
stopping at some red lights while blowing through others. They had
every opportunity to use their lights or sirens, which of course would
be the obvious choice if you want to get to the scene of the crime
that is about a half mile from where they were attempting to kill us.
They didn't which is why in the 60's people came to know them as pigs.

Cops (which I do not look at as derogatory) are not respected in
Illinois because of how they treat people, how they treat criminals,
and how they violate laws left and right while laughing at the
citizens inability to do a damn thing about it.

I pity the good cops I know, because they have to deal with the ****
that happens to them because their co-workers are assholes.

*************************
Dave

DTJ March 31st 06 02:51 AM

Even moe stupid cop tricks

On 30 Mar 2006 06:55:29 -0800, "N8N" > wrote:

>> > So the cop that nearly cliped my car as he did 90mph down a 45mph
>> > posted arterial road was just doing good driving?

>> If I'm being held up I want the cops to have the accelerator to the floor.
>> Perhaps you can let them know if you dial 911 to take their time, only drive
>> posted speed limits and for pete's sake stay out of the left lane and not
>> get near anyone else.
>>
>> (Then again I'm probably killfiled as you disagree with some things I say)

>How about just using lights and/or siren as appropriate BEFORE driving
>in an illegal manner, as the law requires?
>
>nate

Well they did, um, well, at least after they endangered everyone.

*************************
Dave

DTJ March 31st 06 02:52 AM

Even moe stupid cop tricks

On Thu, 30 Mar 2006 17:39:35 GMT, "jaybird" > wrote:

>> How about just using lights and/or siren as appropriate BEFORE driving
>> in an illegal manner, as the law requires?

>The law does not require that and in fact makes special clarification that
>driving with lights and/or siren activated can sometimes be more dangerous.
>The activation of emergency equipment is not required and is left to the
>discretion of the trained police vehicle operator (at least in Texas):

As big as Texas is, Illinois is not part of it. :-)

*************************
Dave

DTJ March 31st 06 03:00 AM

Even moe stupid cop tricks

On Thu, 30 Mar 2006 18:55:19 GMT, "jaybird" > wrote:

>> ONLY in Texas. I don't believe the OP lives in Texas.

>No, you guys are all incorrect once again. In (625 ILCS 5/11-205) (Yes,

No we aren't, nah nah nah nah boo boo!!

>Illinois!) it says practically the same thing. To paraphrase, it says:
>"The driver of an authorized emergency vehicle, when responding to an
>emergency call or when in the pursuit of an actual or suspected violator of
>the law...
>
> may:
> 1. Park or stand, irrespective of the provisions of
> this Chapter;

Irrelevant...

> 2. Proceed past a red or stop signal or stop sign,
> but only after slowing down as may be required and
>necessary for safe operation;

Bingo! Thanks for proving us right. See, only after slowing down as
may be required and necessary for safe operation does NOT MEAN blowing
a red light and almost ramming cars forcing them to swerve into
oncoming traffic. Gee, Jaybird, you must not have read what I said
carefully enough, because there is no way you could defend what they
did as being "necessary for safe operation".

> 3. Exceed the maximum speed limits so long as he
> does not endanger life or property;

They were endangering both life and property. The ability of drivers
around them to avoid accidents notwithstanding, they were endangering
everyone.

> 4. Disregard regulations governing direction of
> movement or turning in specified directions.

They were doing this, and I have no issue with it, had they been doing
so safely. They weren't, they were playing games.

>This is the important part:
>
>(d) The exceptions herein granted to an authorized emergency vehicle, other
>than a police vehicle, shall apply only when the vehicle is making use of
>either an audible signal when in motion or visual signals meeting the
>requirements of Section 12-215 of this Act.

Which they were not doing.

>So, it says the same thing that Texas law does. All emergency vehicles
>_except police vehicles_ are required to use a visual or audible signal when

BZZZT. Read again. It says the exceptions are granted to vehicles
OTHER THAN a police vehicle. MEANING they are NOT GRANTED to police
vehicles. You have to find the section (presumably 12-215) that
covers cops.

>the above exemptions apply. The OP says that they were going to a robbery
>in progress, so they were perfectly legal in doing what they did.

Nope.

*************************
Dave

DTJ March 31st 06 03:01 AM

Even moe stupid cop tricks

On Thu, 30 Mar 2006 19:10:05 GMT, "jaybird" > wrote:

>Just listen to me for once. I might know what I'm talking about sometimes.
>:o)

Yep, sometimes, just not now.

*************************
Dave

Doug March 31st 06 03:03 AM

Even moe stupid cop tricks

"jaybird" > wrote in
:

> "N8N" > wrote in message
> ups.com...
>>
>> jaybird wrote:
>>> "N8N" > wrote in message
>>> oups.com...

>>> No, you guys are all incorrect once again. In (625 ILCS 5/11-205)
>>> (Yes, Illinois!) it says practically the same thing. To paraphrase,
>>> it says: "The driver of an authorized emergency vehicle, when
>>> responding to an emergency call or when in the pursuit of an actual
>>> or suspected violator of
>>> the law...
>>>
>>> may:
>>> 1. Park or stand, irrespective of the provisions of
>>> this Chapter;
>>>
>>> 2. Proceed past a red or stop signal or stop sign,
>>> but only after slowing down as may be required and
>>> necessary for safe operation;
>>>
>>> 3. Exceed the maximum speed limits so long as he
>>> does not endanger life or property;
>>>
>>> 4. Disregard regulations governing direction of
>>> movement or turning in specified directions.
>>>

>>> This is the important part:
>>>
>>> (d) The exceptions herein granted to an authorized emergency
>>> vehicle, other
>>> than a police vehicle, shall apply only when the vehicle is making
>>> use of either an audible signal when in motion or visual signals
>>> meeting the requirements of Section 12-215 of this Act.
>>>
>>> So, it says the same thing that Texas law does. All emergency
>>> vehicles _except police vehicles_ are required to use a visual or
>>> audible signal when
>>> the above exemptions apply. The OP says that they were going to a
>>> robbery
>>> in progress, so they were perfectly legal in doing what they did.

>> Well, that's a new one on me. I haven't studied IL law, but in all
>> of the jurisdictions around here that exclusion is not present.
>> Doesn't stop the cops from firing down US-50 at 80+ with no lights on
>> however.

> Just listen to me for once. I might know what I'm talking about
> sometimes.
>:o)

I don't want to make trouble, but they apparently left that out in PA.
Title 75.3105 has all the say verbage except for section c, "(c) Audible
and visual signals required.--The privileges granted in this section to
an emergency vehicle shall apply only when the vehicle is making use of
an audible signal and visual signals meeting the requirements and
standards set forth in regulations adopted by the department."

I don't see an exception for police cars.

Doug