AutoBanter

-   Ford Mustang (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   WTB: Mustang differential (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=26307)

Spike March 7th 05 09:06 PM

WTB: Mustang differential

Strange, in an age when nearly all salvage yards are interconnected
via internet, that they couldn't track one down for you. I can even go
on line and contact them, and leave a message as to what I seek.

On Mon, 07 Mar 2005 20:12:34 GMT, "The other Donald"
> wrote:

>WTB: Mustang differential....
>
>A cursory search of the junkyards in Austin has come up empty.
>
>I am working on a 5-lug conversion for my '90 Mustang. I am looking for a
>rear end to do the conversion on the ground, then bolt up. Paydirt would be
>a setup with 3.55 gears, 5-lug done, limited slip/Traction-Lok and disc
>brakes, with preference given to the unit closest to that.
>
>Must bolt up to a 1990 Fox platform....i.e. '88 to '95. Must also be
>relatively local: Austin-San Antonio. I'll be in Houston March 11, so that
>would be a possibility, especially if the price is right.
>
>I have cash. What have you got, and what are you asking?
>
>lincoln4sale at austin dot rr dot com.
>
>-Donald in Austin

Hey! Spikey Likes IT!
Vintage Burgundy w/Black Standard Interior
Vintage 40 Wheels 16X8"
w/BF Goodrich Comp T/A Radial 225/50ZR16

Brent P March 7th 05 09:13 PM

In article >, Spike wrote:
> Strange, in an age when nearly all salvage yards are interconnected
> via internet, that they couldn't track one down for you. I can even go
> on line and contact them, and leave a message as to what I seek.

Do they actually respond? The few times I have done this there was no
response.