AutoBanter

-   Jeep (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Replacement driving lights recommendation (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=72228)

TF August 13th 06 08:50 PM

Replacement driving lights recommendation

Hi,
I am done with the OEM cheap rusting expensive driving lights on my 95
Country Cherokee.
Any suggestions on a light that will not crack, rust, and look fairly stock?
Not looking for a fortune in cost either.
The damn OEM's are cheap cheap cheap and expensive.
Also any idea what the original amperage is? Dont want to have to run new
wires...

Thanks

Mike Romain August 13th 06 09:47 PM

Replacement driving lights recommendation

The amperage varies according to the bulb. I like my Hella's and can
run a 50W or 100W or bigger even.

Crack... Well, 'all' of them will crack if you are dumb or forgetful
enough to go through water with them on as I found out... :-(

Mike
88 Cherokee 235 BFG AT's

bschwarz6 August 14th 06 02:31 PM

Replacement driving lights recommendation

If you are just trying to replace the stock headlights (not sure that
is what you are going for or not) then i recommend these:

http://www.jeepersandcreepers.com/cl...php?prokey=438

I have them on my TJ and are a MAJOR improvement over stock. The Fat
Boy bulbs are a dramatic improvement over stock as well.

if you are looking for auxiliary lighting, then i'd recommend these
guys:

http://www.offroaders.com/info/tech-...rce/index.html

They are focus-able and WAY bright ...

good luck

brad
http://www.bradschwarz.com

TF August 21st 06 05:30 PM

Replacement driving lights recommendation

Thanks,
Will try to go with Hella 500's for driving lights, hope they fit the stock
bumper location as it looks tight...