AutoBanter

-   Driving (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Instructional video on handling a skid (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=23812)

John Harlow February 10th 05 04:08 AM

Instructional video on handling a skid

Should you be driving the kids to soccer practice and inadvertently find
yourself in a skid, this video may help show you how to handle it...

http://www.compfused.com/directlink/622/

Nate Nagel February 10th 05 09:38 AM

John Harlow wrote:

> Should you be driving the kids to soccer practice and inadvertently find
> yourself in a skid, this video may help show you how to handle it...
>
> http://www.compfused.com/directlink/622/

When was the last time you drove the kids t osoccer in a Skyline or
Supra? :)

nate

(what a wonderful world it would be)

--
replace "fly" with "com" to reply.
http://home.comcast.net/~njnagel

Dave Head February 10th 05 10:16 AM

On Wed, 9 Feb 2005 23:08:35 -0500, "John Harlow" > wrote:

>Should you be driving the kids to soccer practice and inadvertently find
>yourself in a skid, this video may help show you how to handle it...
>
>http://www.compfused.com/directlink/622/

No video is going to help learning skid recovery without also experiencing a
skid 1st-hand, and recovering from it.

Harry K February 10th 05 03:21 PM

Dave Head wrote:
> On Wed, 9 Feb 2005 23:08:35 -0500, "John Harlow"

> wrote:
>
> >Should you be driving the kids to soccer practice and inadvertently

find
> >yourself in a skid, this video may help show you how to handle it...
> >
> >http://www.compfused.com/directlink/622/
> >

> No video is going to help learning skid recovery without also

experiencing a
> skid 1st-hand, and recovering from it.

I hate to say it but I agree there. Only practice will teach you how
to do it. Watching a video will give you the theory only. Same as
?Magnulus? who thinks playing racing games will teach him how to drive.

Harry K

Motorhead Lawyer February 10th 05 03:39 PM

John Harlow wrote:
> Should you be driving the kids to soccer practice and inadvertently

find
> yourself in a skid, this video may help show you how to handle it...
>
> http://www.compfused.com/directlink/622/

I've always liked Dick Turner's video on autocrossing ... especially
the 'One Cone Turn', technique #4.
--
C.R. Krieger
(Been there, *done that*!)

Cashew February 10th 05 04:32 PM

On Wed, 9 Feb 2005 23:08:35 -0500, "John Harlow"
> wrote:

>Should you be driving the kids to soccer practice and inadvertently find
>yourself in a skid, this video may help show you how to handle it...
>
>http://www.compfused.com/directlink/622/

Well, that was boring as hell.

John F. Carr February 10th 05 07:23 PM

In article >,
Nate Nagel > wrote:
>John Harlow wrote:
>
>> Should you be driving the kids to soccer practice and inadvertently find
>> yourself in a skid, this video may help show you how to handle it...
>>
>> http://www.compfused.com/directlink/622/
>>

>When was the last time you drove the kids to soccer in a Skyline or
>Supra? :)

When I was a kid I got taken places in sports cars. There was
no such thing as a Nissan Skyline back then. Does a Datsun 280Z
count? Same company, similar market niche.

--
John Carr )

Usual Suspect February 13th 05 02:51 AM

John Harlow wrote:

> Should you be driving the kids to soccer practice and inadvertently find
> yourself in a skid, this video may help show you how to handle it...
>
> http://www.compfused.com/directlink/622/

Wow, awesome wings on some of those cars, almost as big as the one I have on
my Corolla!

See, it's much easier to force a skid in a car with RWD. I was in two skids
in my life. One, when I was in the passanger seat of a Nissan 200TX or
240TX (?) going 80 mph - we spun once or twice and crashed. Another was
when I made a left turn too fast, moving at about 30mph. I didn't intend
for it to happen, but from outside observer's POV it must have looked like
a perfectly-executed power-slide (in a residential area).