AutoBanter

-   Technology (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   98 Ford Escort-No voltage to A/C compressor (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=72034)

69_muscle August 11th 06 04:07 AM

98 Ford Escort-No voltage to A/C compressor

I have a 98 escort with no A/C. No voltage to compressor. I replaced
the high side A/C switch on the receiver/dryer, and checked the Low
side switch near the radiator. No go. The compressor still gets no
voltage. Is there some sort of A/C relay WAC switch that controls
voltage to the compressor? I have looked for the relay under dash and
under hood and can't find it. Anything you may know will be
appreciated! Thank you!

Kevin August 14th 06 03:57 AM

98 Ford Escort-No voltage to A/C compressor

"69_muscle" > wrote in message
oups.com...
>I have a 98 escort with no A/C. No voltage to compressor. I replaced
> the high side A/C switch on the receiver/dryer, and checked the Low
> side switch near the radiator. No go. The compressor still gets no
> voltage. Is there some sort of A/C relay WAC switch that controls
> voltage to the compressor? I have looked for the relay under dash and
> under hood and can't find it. Anything you may know will be
> appreciated! Thank you!

First step, put a jumper wire across the harness connector to the low
pressure switch at the accumulator (you called it the receiver /dryer) and
see if the compressor engages with the engine running and the A/C turned on.
If it runs then you are probably just low on refrigerant. If it still
doesn't come on then get a good repair manual and follow the trouble
shooting procedures in the book.
--
Disclaimer:
Due to the nature of solving problems over the internet being mostly

--
Kevin Mouton
Automotive Technology Instructor