AutoBanter

-   Ford Mustang (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   2005 V8 GT vs BMW M3? (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=73325)

Jeff[_13_] August 31st 06 03:45 PM

2005 V8 GT vs BMW M3?

I think that would all look sweet! I'm 37 and my dad had a '72 Mach 1
during my formative years growing up, so I am very partial to the black
scoop, spoiler, and especially the honeycomb panel. If my Mustang
wasn't black, that would have been my first mod. Ford did a great job
with the design of the '05, but the rear end (like most modern cars) is
really fat. I think this is most noticeable with bright colored
Mustangs (see
http://www.mustangphotos.com/photopo...papass=&sort=1
). A black spoiler and black honeycomb panel should do a great job
leaning out the look.

The '05 tail is modeled after a '70 (see
http://twan.longtransplantatie.nl/gf...201%201970.jpg
), so it stands to reason those mods would look very classic. Many
retro styling treatments look great with the classic styling of the '05
Mustang. The Parnelli Jones Mustang looks awesome with its black scoop,
spoiler, & panel (see
http://www.muscularmustangs.com/gall...s.php?album=32 ). As
great as that complete package looks, just a handful of retro mods can
still look great, for example
http://focsetup.dealerconnection.com/library/images/org/6392/MAGNUM%20500%20WHEELS%20$1099.JPG

Again, I am definately biased toward 60's styling...however based on
the sales of the S197, I am certainly not the only one who loves its
classic looks. I say go for it and good luck.