AutoBanter

-   Simulators (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   rFactor won't run (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=17432)

cronik November 16th 04 09:46 PM

Joachim Trensz > wrote in message >...
> Dave Henrie wrote:
> > You are two generations behind in cpu power and 3 generations late in Video
> > processing. You certainly don't have a slow system, but to run the newest
> > sims, you'll need to think about more....lots more.

> I agree on most of what you say, but all he needs to get a decent image
> quality and fps for rF is an ATI 9600. I've tried one in my system, and
> while I had to set all graphics quality options to Medium instead of
> full, I get around 45 to 50 fps most everywhere and still good image
> quality. That's with 2xAA and 4xAniso. That gfx card costs ~ €80.-

I can confirm fFactor runs very acceptably with a 9600 on normal settings.

Plowboy2 November 16th 04 10:10 PM

Pat,

not long ago, Was a discussion replying to me, one similiar question
about 4x vs 8x AGP's and stuff, consensus of the article they linked me to
was that there was 3-6% difference in perfomance from same motherboard that
could be set to 4x, & also set to 8x agp... I think it was a tiny bit
older cards, newer ones might be slowly putting 8x "demands" on AGP but
prolly not all the time.

Pat Dotson enlightened us with:

Pat Dotson November 19th 04 12:55 AM

I ended up with a 2600+ Sempron. Supposed to run at 1830 MHz, but
seems to run OK OC'd to 2200 MHz, so that's good. Had to get a new
mobo since old one didn't support the Sempron. New board has 8X agp
so that's also good. Picked up a Radeon 9550 too. Still running DDR
2700 memory though, so that needs to be replaced soon.

F1 2002 looks great maxed out. It's always nice to be able to turn on
all the detail for the first time. Haven't been able to fire up
rFactor yet since my Win 98 installation is hosed at the moment. Win
XP installed on a second HD is running fine.

On the Win 98 issue... Before installing the new Radeon, I removed
all the old video card drivers. Seems to also have removed the
standard display adapters from Win 98 as well. The new Radeon driver
won't install unless there is already a standard VGA or SVGA adapter
installed. On top of that, my Win 98 SE CD is missing, so I can't
re-install. Can the Win 98 standard display drivers be found online
anywhere?

Thanks,

Pat Dotson

EldredP November 19th 04 06:06 AM

In article >,
(Pat Dotson) writes:

>On the Win 98 issue... Before installing the new Radeon, I removed
>all the old video card drivers. Seems to also have removed the
>standard display adapters from Win 98 as well. The new Radeon driver
>won't install unless there is already a standard VGA or SVGA adapter
>installed. On top of that, my Win 98 SE CD is missing, so I can't
>re-install. Can the Win 98 standard display drivers be found online
>anywhere?
>
>Thanks,
>
>Pat Dotson

You've got mail.