AutoBanter

-   Ford Explorer (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   air conditioner pulley (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=63353)

aggiefred April 25th 06 12:07 AM

air conditioner pulley

My A/C pulley on my 97 ford explorer came loose. Just the pulley itself. The
front plate is still attached and I dont know how to remove it to get the
pulley off. Can anyone help me please?

redman28 May 6th 06 01:15 AM

air conditioner pulley

aggiefred wrote:
>My A/C pulley on my 97 ford explorer came loose. Just the pulley itself. The
>front plate is still attached and I dont know how to remove it to get the
>pulley off. Can anyone help me please?

You will have to replace the whole thing unless you know how to rebuild it
but you better discharge the freon first it will only cost you $80 to refill
it.

aggiefred via CarKB.com May 6th 06 01:27 AM

air conditioner pulley

redman28 wrote:
>>My A/C pulley on my 97 ford explorer came loose. Just the pulley itself. The
>>front plate is still attached and I dont know how to remove it to get the
>>pulley off. Can anyone help me please?

>You will have to replace the whole thing unless you know how to rebuild it
>but you better discharge the freon first it will only cost you $80 to refill
>it.

Thanks. I had a friend help me ex mechanic of 27 years. It turns out the
clutch had worn out the welds holding the inside of the pulley to the outside.
I have to get the clutch assembly and its $102 no discharge as the
compressor is fine. relieved...