AutoBanter

-   Chrysler (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Stupid Americans! -- Stupid... Stupid... STUPID!!! ___________mixqec (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=8768)

Daniel J. Stern November 9th 04 04:14 PM

On Tue, 9 Nov 2004, WindsorFox[SS] wrote:

> Shut up Daniel, I know a number of gays that supported Bush.

And this proves...what, now?

DS

Daniel J. Stern November 9th 04 04:14 PM

Wound Up November 9th 04 04:44 PM

You're damned right I do. And I would if I could.

Kevin DeAngelis wrote:
> Well, you have the right handle, I'll say that! Some folks could sure stand
> to smoke a little of the wacky tabacky....
>

> "Wound Up" > wrote in message
>
>>Maybe it's because you're making simplistic, broad-brushed attributions
>>based on half-assed conjecture instead of anything substantial. Or maybe
>>you're right, those who drive "peopleskars" are just more erudite,
>>intelligent, and naturally more tolerant of humanity.
>>
>>Those "people", by the way, didn't include gays. Or blacks, Jews, gypsys,
>>etc. etc. They were to be gassed, burned or shot. Those "people"
>>included nazis, their subjects, and their sympathizers, only.
>>
>>So what's your point again? You smoked too much pot back in the day to
>>make any sense now?
>>
>>Kevin DeAngelis wrote:
>>
>>>The fellow who started this thread also posted it on the rec.autos.vw
>>>newsgroup, to which I subscribe because my wife drives a New Beetle. He
>>>(or she) posted it at the same time it was posted on this newsgroup, and
>>>there have been no replies.
>>>
>>>I wonder why? Are Ford owners more politically opinionated than
>>>Volkswagen drivers? I remember all the hippies who used to (some still
>>>do) drive VW microbuses. They had some interesting politics, which they
>>>could eloquently describe when they weren't high. Ah, those were the
>>>days....

ngin.umich.edu...

Wound Up November 9th 04 04:44 PM

Peter November 9th 04 05:33 PM

"Daniel J. Stern" > wrote in message
n.umich.edu...
> On Tue, 9 Nov 2004, WindsorFox[SS] wrote:
>
>> Shut up Daniel, I know a number of gays that supported Bush.

> And this proves...what, now?
>
> DS

That gays can be just as illogical as straights of course.

Peter

Peter November 9th 04 05:33 PM

Sparky November 9th 04 07:22 PM

Wound Up wrote:

> indago wrote:
>
>> 041108 2142 - Wound Up posted:

>>> Homosexuality does not serve as an acceptable excuse for being the
>>> target of hatred ;)

>> Well, then, maybe derision???

> That's up to you. I can write derisive hatred very well. I choose not
> to, because I don't think it's deserved, warranted, or appropriate.
>
> I will never understand it, but I know it's not a question of some "vile
> lifestyle choice". Believe me, the gay friends I've had all said "it
> would have been much easier to grow up, and know you were straight".
> Want to throw an insult at me? Well, I grew up (ironic term) in a more
> heterogeneous culture than a lot of people. I knew people from many
> different walks of life, and had friends from many of them.

I don't think "heterogeneous" means what you think it means. :)

Sparky November 9th 04 07:22 PM

Wound Up November 9th 04 11:32 PM

>> That's up to you. I can write derisive hatred very well. I choose
>> not to, because I don't think it's deserved, warranted, or appropriate.
>>
>> I will never understand it, but I know it's not a question of some
>> "vile lifestyle choice". Believe me, the gay friends I've had all
>> said "it would have been much easier to grow up, and know you were
>> straight". Want to throw an insult at me? Well, I grew up (ironic
>> term) in a more heterogeneous culture than a lot of people. I knew
>> people from many different walks of life, and had friends from many of
>> them.

> I don't think "heterogeneous" means what you think it means. :)

I'm quite sure it does. Take a look-

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=heterogeneous

Wound Up November 9th 04 11:32 PM