AutoBanter

-   Ford Mustang (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   ford cylinder layout 5.4L triton (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=21553)

[email protected] December 29th 04 09:30 PM

ford cylinder layout 5.4L triton

Hey guys,

What's the cylinder arrangement? #1 on the forward passenger side and
odd numbers in increasing order on that side or what?

Dan December 30th 04 12:50 AM

Passenger side (front to rear): 1234
Driver side (front to rear): 5678
..
Dan
2003 Cobra convertible
With some stuff and things

Big Al December 31st 04 07:40 PM

"Dan" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> Passenger side (front to rear): 1234
> Driver side (front to rear): 5678
> .
> Dan
> 2003 Cobra convertible
> With some stuff and things

They still number their engines wrong, but at least they got rid of the
positive ground:)

Happy New Year,

Al

John December 31st 04 09:06 PM

"Big Al" > wrote in message

> "Dan" > wrote in message
> ups.com...
>> Passenger side (front to rear): 1234
>> Driver side (front to rear): 5678
>> .
>> Dan
>> 2003 Cobra convertible
>> With some stuff and things

> They still number their engines wrong, but at least they got rid of the
> positive ground:)

What year did the negative ground appear?

--
John
ThunderSnake #59

Stuart&Janet December 31st 04 09:23 PM

Early Fords were negative ground to skirt patent royalties held by GM. StuK

John January 1st 05 05:58 AM

"Stuart&Janet" > wrote in message
> Early Fords were negative ground to skirt patent royalties held by GM.
> StuK
>
> "John" > wrote in message
>> "Big Al" > wrote in message
>> >
>> > "Dan" > wrote in message
>> > ups.com...
>> >
>> > They still number their engines wrong, but at least they got rid of the
>> > positive ground:)
>> >

>> What year did the negative ground appear?

I know that. I can't remember the year they changed. What year was it?

--
John
ThunderSnake #59

Dan January 1st 05 05:32 PM

'54s were 6 volt, positive ground. I've seen some '55s that were 12
volt, positive. They were all 12 volt, negative by '56, I believe.
..
Dan
2003 Cobra convertible
With some stuff and things

John Smith January 2nd 05 12:15 AM

I worked on a 55 Mercury Capri that was 6 volt negative ground. It was
a pain in the ass to get it to start with only 6 volts and a 292 engine...