AutoBanter

-   Mazda (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Help: SAT for 06 Miata (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=67086)

Jeff June 9th 06 12:38 AM

Help: SAT for 06 Miata

Would appreciate some advise: I acquired an 06 Grand Touring MX-5 which,
apparently, is SAT ready. The dealer quoted me an outrageous price for
installing whatever is required to gain the SAT equipment required.

What exactly do I need?

Is there some special reason why the dealer has to install the added
equipment?

Will the SAT channels appear on the normal radio display?

All help is appreciate. Thanks,

M. Cantera June 9th 06 03:13 AM

Help: SAT for 06 Miata

The MX5 is available with Sirius satellite already installed by Maxda
at the port of entry for $ 430.00 MSRP and 6 month subscription. If
you were quoted more than that you were getting ripped, or you should
have haggled for the right car.

You can buy the kit (sirius box, think goes in the trunk, satellite
anttena, and cable from sirius to the back of the SAT ready radio) for
240 from Trussville Mazda. Sat radio after 6 months is 12.95 a month
from Sirius.

You will need to remove the radio, glove box, kick panned and sill to
run the cable back into the trunk.

mickey53usa June 9th 06 01:51 PM

Help: SAT for 06 Miata

I bought a 2005 - also "satellite ready" for the right price - I
figured that when I went to Sattelitte radio I would buy a
transportable receiver, then something like this :
http://www.sylfex.com/products/AuxMod/ to connect to the Miata Radio -
Justa thought - though $240 sound pretty reasonable.

Leon van Dommelen June 10th 06 02:24 AM

Help: SAT for 06 Miata

M. Cantera > wrote:

>The MX5 is available with Sirius satellite already installed by Maxda
>at the port of entry for $ 430.00 MSRP and 6 month subscription.

Strange. I ordered mine from Japan and all options were installed except
for the Sirius one, which the dealer tried to do, and got into trouble with.
Is the Bose the reason they did not do it at the port of entry?

Leon

--
Leon van Dommelen :) Bess, the Miata :) Bozo, the Miata :)
http://www.dommelen.net/miata

M. Cantera June 10th 06 05:34 PM

Help: SAT for 06 Miata

This was from a press release from Sirius in December. Your order may
have been placed before the option was available.

Please see:

http://investor.sirius.com/ReleaseDe...leaseID=180972

Leon van Dommelen June 14th 06 02:28 AM

Help: SAT for 06 Miata

M. Cantera > wrote:

>This was from a press release from Sirius in December. Your order may
>have been placed before the option was available.

It was. Thanks.

Leon