AutoBanter

-   Corvette (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   why does this Ferrari look like a Corvette? (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=38424)

me July 17th 05 06:05 PM

why does this Ferrari look like a Corvette?

When does a Corvette look like a Ferrari and when Ferrari looks like a
Corvette? When Chevy brought out it's new Corvette it had the headlights of
a Ferrari. Now it looks like a Ferrari will look like a Corvette.
http://autoweek.com/news.cms?newsId=102411

Dad July 17th 05 08:02 PM

"me" > wrote in message
> When does a Corvette look like a Ferrari and when Ferrari looks like a
> Corvette? When Chevy brought out it's new Corvette it had the headlights
> of a Ferrari. Now it looks like a Ferrari will look like a Corvette.

You mean they look like that because they put them on the front, or because
they put one on each side? I noticed that the tail lights were on the back
and they made them the same color, what's your point?

--
Life is a waste of time
Time is a waste of life

Fred C. Dobbs July 18th 05 04:41 AM

On Sun, 17 Jul 2005 17:05:41 GMT, "me" > wrote:

>When does a Corvette look like a Ferrari and when Ferrari looks like a
>Corvette? When Chevy brought out it's new Corvette it had the headlights of
>a Ferrari. Now it looks like a Ferrari will look like a Corvette.
>http://autoweek.com/news.cms?newsId=102411

Maybe it is because Corvette kicks Ferrari's ass at Le Mans.

sbright July 19th 05 01:30 PM

If you look at the sideview, you'd see his point.

-Stan

Dad July 19th 05 02:14 PM

"sbright" > wrote in message
> If you look at the sideview, you'd see his point.
>
> -Stan
>

> "Dad" > wrote in message
>>
>> "me" > wrote in message
>>> When does a Corvette look like a Ferrari and when Ferrari looks like a
>>> Corvette? When Chevy brought out it's new Corvette it had the headlights
>>> of a Ferrari. Now it looks like a Ferrari will look like a Corvette.

>> You mean they look like that because they put them on the front, or
>> because they put one on each side? I noticed that the tail lights were on
>> the back and they made them the same color, what's your point?
>>
>> --
>> Life is a waste of time
>> Time is a waste of life
>> Get wasted all the time
>> Have the time of your life

If you're talking about the headlights why would I be looking at it
sideways? My guess would be that Ferrari doesn't think it looks like a
Corvette.You see the point?

--
Dad
05 C6 Silver/Red 6spd Z51

sbright July 21st 05 12:14 PM

I wasn't talking about the headlights, I was talking about the sideview. It
has VERY very similar lines to a
C5 or C6 for that matter since they both look alike form the side. Anyway...
you'd think Ferrari could do better than that..

-Stan

Dad July 21st 05 02:46 PM

"sbright" > wrote in message
>I wasn't talking about the headlights, I was talking about the sideview.
>It has VERY very similar lines to a
> C5 or C6 for that matter since they both look alike form the side.
> Anyway... you'd think Ferrari could do better than that..
>
> -Stan
>
> "Dad" > wrote in message
>> "sbright" > wrote in message
>>> If you look at the sideview, you'd see his point.
>>>
>>> -Stan

>> If you're talking about the headlights why would I be looking at it
>> sideways? My guess would be that Ferrari doesn't think it looks like a
>> Corvette.You see the point?
>>
>> --
>> Dad
>> 05 C6 Silver/Red 6spd Z51
>> 72 Shark Black/Black/4spd

His point, the one you said I would see, was the headlights. They are
nowhere near the Corvettes design. People tend to see what they want to see
and make it an issue. In this case I took it as a troll type of post and
responded in kind.

--
Dad
05 C6 Silver/Red 6spd Z51

sbright July 22nd 05 10:03 PM

"Dad" > wrote in message

> "sbright" > wrote in message
>>I wasn't talking about the headlights, I was talking about the sideview.
>>It has VERY very similar lines to a
>> C5 or C6 for that matter since they both look alike form the side.
>> Anyway... you'd think Ferrari could do better than that..
>>
>> -Stan

>>> If you're talking about the headlights why would I be looking at it
>>> sideways? My guess would be that Ferrari doesn't think it looks like a
>>> Corvette.You see the point?
>>>
>>> --
>>> Dad
>>> 05 C6 Silver/Red 6spd Z51
>>> 72 Shark Black/Black/4spd
>>>

> His point, the one you said I would see, was the headlights. They are
> nowhere near the Corvettes design. People tend to see what they want to
> see and make it an issue. In this case I took it as a troll type of post
> and responded in kind.
>
> --
> Dad
> 05 C6 Silver/Red 6spd Z51
> 72 Shark Black/Black/4spd

I guess I didn't read it that way. I took it to mean that the headlights
were non-popup and behind glass (whatever you call that new style) on the
new Vettes AND that the new car looked like a Vette. Which it has the same
lines from the side. Know what I mean?

If he was trolling.. well then I guess we both took the bait. Let's see if
you bite again. :-)

-Stan

Dad July 22nd 05 10:18 PM

"sbright" > wrote in message

> I guess I didn't read it that way. I took it to mean that the headlights
> were non-popup and behind glass (whatever you call that new style) on the
> new Vettes AND that the new car looked like a Vette. Which it has the
> same lines from the side. Know what I mean?
>
> If he was trolling.. well then I guess we both took the bait. Let's see
> if you bite again. :-)
>
> -Stan

Actually I didn't take the bait, you did. If he wasn't a troll my guess is
that he would have contributed to the post with a follow up, which he
didn't.

--
Life is a waste of time
Time is a waste of life

sbright July 23rd 05 03:10 AM

You did bite again...

He's probably on the phone with his lawyer right now to find out exactly
WHAT he said at this point.

-Stan