AutoBanter

-   Mazda (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   removing 2002 console (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=63641)

frank April 27th 06 01:27 AM

removing 2002 console

Spring popped off the rear cup holder lid and I tried to lift the console
to see if I could reattach it by removing the front two screws and the two
in the storage tray. The console then pops free in front by the 6-speed
shift and is free in the rear but feels stuck in the middle by the window
controls.

2 Questions: How to free the console? How to re-spring the cup holder
lid.

Thanks!

Frank

Craig Wagner April 27th 06 01:51 AM

removing 2002 console

frank > wrote:

>2 Questions: How to free the console? How to re-spring the cup holder
>lid.

There is a screw underneath the power window control. You need to pop the power
windows controls out of the console, detach the power clip and unscrew that last
one.

Christopher Muto April 27th 06 02:21 AM

removing 2002 console

http://www.miata.net/garage/console_removal.html

frank April 27th 06 02:38 AM

removing 2002 console

On Wed, 26 Apr 2006 17:51:48 -0700, Craig Wagner wrote:

> frank > wrote:
>
>>2 Questions: How to free the console? How to re-spring the cup holder
>>lid.

> There is a screw underneath the power window control. You need to pop the
> power windows controls out of the console, detach the power clip and
> unscrew that last one.

Thanks to Chris and Craig. I did one of my patented "nobody talks that
way" searches and failed to find what I needed. After posting this
request for help, I tried "English" and found both that console-removal
item at miata.net but also a fix for the exact problem with the cup holder
lid:

http://www.miata.net/garage/cupholderfix/index.html

Frank