AutoBanter

-   Technology (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Oil pressure dropping (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=74098)

gmc_man30 September 7th 06 07:25 PM

Oil pressure dropping

I have a 86 gmc sierra 1500 4.3 3 speed manuel on the cloumn.I just rebuilt
the engine and when I started it up I noticed the oil pressure dropped.wHAT
COULD BE THE CAUSE OF THIS? any help would be appreciated ty

Steve[_1_] September 7th 06 10:35 PM

Oil pressure dropping

gmc_man30 wrote:

> I have a 86 gmc sierra 1500 4.3 3 speed manuel on the cloumn.I just rebuilt
> the engine and when I started it up I noticed the oil pressure dropped.wHAT
> COULD BE THE CAUSE OF THIS? any help would be appreciated ty

What do you mean "When I started it up the oil pressure dropped?"

Did it drop as the engine warmed up? That's normal.

Did it drop when you slowed the engine down from a fast idle to a
normal idle after it warmed up? That's normal.

Did it suddenly drop a whole lot while the engine continued at the same
speed? That's not normal.

Are you using a mechanical pressure gauge, or the electric idiot gauge
in the dash?