AutoBanter

-   Driving (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   A handy tip for filling up your tank. (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=7873)

Henry H. Hansteen December 6th 04 03:36 PM

A handy tip for filling up your tank.

While filling up at a particularly slow pump, I discovered
that a stick of lip balm is the perfect size to keep the
fuel flowing while I wait in my truck warm and dry as the
tank fills.

--

"I don't know where bin Laden is. I have no idea and I really
don't care. It's not that important. It's not our priority."
-- George W. Bush, March 13, 2002

http://www.hermes-press.com/
http://globalresearch.ca/
http://www.commondreams.org/
http://www.truthout.org/
http://counterpunch.org/
http://responsiblewealth.org/

John Harlow December 6th 04 03:46 PM

Henry H. Hansteen wrote:
> While filling up at a particularly slow pump, I discovered
> that a stick of lip balm is the perfect size to keep the
> fuel flowing while I wait in my truck warm and dry as the
> tank fills.

I take it they have removed the handle locks in your area - bummer. I
suppose also the reason they did this is to make sure someone is always at
the pump - you may want to check the legality of leaving the pump
unattended.

I found in the rare instance around here with no handle locks that my gas
cap usually wedges in pretty well.

John Harlow December 6th 04 03:46 PM

Ivan December 6th 04 04:21 PM

In article >,
"John Harlow" > wrote:

> > While filling up at a particularly slow pump, I discovered
> > that a stick of lip balm is the perfect size to keep the
> > fuel flowing while I wait in my truck warm and dry as the
> > tank fills.

> I take it they have removed the handle locks in your area - bummer. I
> suppose also the reason they did this is to make sure someone is always at
> the pump - you may want to check the legality of leaving the pump
> unattended.

So what are they gonna do, keep you from paying for the gas and charge
you with "sticking lip balm in the handle?"

Ivan December 6th 04 04:21 PM

Big Bill December 6th 04 04:51 PM

On Mon, 6 Dec 2004 10:46:19 -0500, "John Harlow"
> wrote:

>Henry H. Hansteen wrote:
>> While filling up at a particularly slow pump, I discovered
>> that a stick of lip balm is the perfect size to keep the
>> fuel flowing while I wait in my truck warm and dry as the
>> tank fills.

>I take it they have removed the handle locks in your area - bummer. I
>suppose also the reason they did this is to make sure someone is always at
>the pump - you may want to check the legality of leaving the pump
>unattended.
>
>I found in the rare instance around here with no handle locks that my gas
>cap usually wedges in pretty well.

Personally, I find a reason to never use that station again.

--
Bill Funk
Change "g" to "a"

Big Bill December 6th 04 04:51 PM

Mike Behnke December 6th 04 10:52 PM

Makes for a nice fireball when you reach for the nozzle and a static
sparks send the vapors a rollin'.

Mike Behnke December 6th 04 10:52 PM

James C. Reeves December 6th 04 10:57 PM

"Mike Behnke" > wrote in message
| Makes for a nice fireball when you reach for the nozzle and a static
| sparks send the vapors a rollin'.

Yes it does. NEVER-EVER get in the car while pumping gas. Static discharge
creates quite a fireworks display!!