AutoBanter

-   VW air cooled (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   OT Solution to cramped garage (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=26046)

Shag March 5th 05 05:21 PM

OT Solution to cramped garage

http://bugadventures.dyndns.org/temp/bikegarage.jpg
The simple ideas are sometimes the best.

---
"There's nothing wrong with a little shooting as long as the right people get shot."
- Inspector Harry Callahan

John Willis March 5th 05 06:03 PM

On Sat, 05 Mar 2005 12:21:18 -0500, Shag
> scribbled this interesting note:

>http://bugadventures.dyndns.org/temp/bikegarage.jpg
>The simple ideas are sometimes the best.

You know you're a redneck when...

--
John Willis
(Remove the Primes before e-mailing me)

P.J. Berg March 5th 05 07:28 PM

Shag wrote:
> http://bugadventures.dyndns.org/temp/bikegarage.jpg
> The simple ideas are sometimes the best.
>

> ---
> "There's nothing wrong with a little shooting as long as the right people get shot."
> - Inspector Harry Callahan

The only thing you need now is a tarp or a figure sewn bike cover, dirt
cheap in the right places.

WARNING: make sure the sidestand rests on something different than the
ground soil!

J.

butch March 5th 05 07:49 PM

Looks like its time to visit for a LARGE BBQ. :)

Shawn

Shag March 5th 05 07:55 PM

On Sat, 05 Mar 2005 20:28:12 +0100, "P.J. Berg" >
wrote:

>Shag wrote:
>> http://bugadventures.dyndns.org/temp/bikegarage.jpg
>> The simple ideas are sometimes the best.
>>

>> ---
>> "There's nothing wrong with a little shooting as long as the right people get shot."
>> - Inspector Harry Callahan

>The only thing you need now is a tarp or a figure sewn bike cover, dirt
>cheap in the right places.

I've got a cover for it but it's a pain in the @ss to take on and off.
It's out of the rain under there, not really exposed to much more
moisture than it was in the garage since the garage door is open most
of the time and the motorycle was parked right next to it.

>WARNING: make sure the sidestand rests on something different than the
>ground soil!
>

>J.

---

P.J. Berg March 5th 05 09:04 PM

Shag wrote:
> On Sat, 05 Mar 2005 20:28:12 +0100, "P.J. Berg" >
> wrote:
>

>>Shag wrote:
>>
>>>http://bugadventures.dyndns.org/temp/bikegarage.jpg
>>>The simple ideas are sometimes the best.
>>>

>>>---
>>>"There's nothing wrong with a little shooting as long as the right people get shot."
>>> - Inspector Harry Callahan

>>The only thing you need now is a tarp or a figure sewn bike cover, dirt
>>cheap in the right places.

> I've got a cover for it but it's a pain in the @ss to take on and off.
> It's out of the rain under there, not really exposed to much more
> moisture than it was in the garage since the garage door is open most
> of the time and the motorycle was parked right next to it.
>

>>WARNING: make sure the sidestand rests on something different than the
>>ground soil!
>>

>>J.

> ---
> "There's nothing wrong with a little shooting as long as the right people get shot."
> - Inspector Harry Callahan

Was thinking more about dust.. But then again you don't live in the
most densely populated area of a Capital city...(Like I do, you should
see my Merc after a week parked in the street...).

J.

Tom Malmevik March 6th 05 04:25 AM

Shag wrote:

> http://bugadventures.dyndns.org/temp/bikegarage.jpg
> The simple ideas are sometimes the best.
>

> ---
> "There's nothing wrong with a little shooting as long as the right
> people get shot." - Inspector Harry Callahan

Is that a roadstar or a Vstar?

--
the Grokdoc
Tom Malmevik

Shag March 6th 05 12:05 PM

On Sun, 06 Mar 2005 04:25:07 GMT, "Tom Malmevik"
> wrote:

>Shag wrote:
>
>> http://bugadventures.dyndns.org/temp/bikegarage.jpg
>> The simple ideas are sometimes the best.
>>

>> ---
>> "There's nothing wrong with a little shooting as long as the right
>> people get shot." - Inspector Harry Callahan

> Is that a roadstar or a Vstar?

Vstar 650. Now that I've ridden it a while I realize that I should've
gone for the 1100.

---