AutoBanter

-   Chrysler (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   1988 Aries 2.5L Intermittent engine smoke (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=63441)

jmcgill April 25th 06 07:04 PM

1988 Aries 2.5L Intermittent engine smoke

When I'm driving my 1988 Aries, every now and again when I stop at a
stoplight, I will start to get some white smoke from the front end of
the car. This does not ALWAYS happen when I'm stopped, but only
sometimes, and there is no discernable pattern to the smoke. The car
runs just fine, and does not overheat. I just replaced the PCV valve,
PCV breather, plugs and air filter.

Any idea what this is?

I've looked through the engine compartment....it's not completely dry,
but not exactly wet either around the valve cover and the head gaskets?
Could something be dripping and hitting the exhaust manifold?