AutoBanter

-   Ford Explorer (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   air conditioner question (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=74466)

stevie September 12th 06 10:35 PM

air conditioner question

I have Auto Temp Control in my 2000 LTD.

Is it normal, when temp is set to 'Automatic', for some air to come out of
floor vent? When AC is blowing cool air, it tends to cool your feet,
especially when wearing sandals.

Dealer says this is normal.

Thanks
2000 Limited V8
ATC
2WD
80000 miles

Big Shoe September 13th 06 12:52 PM

air conditioner question

My '99 did this and so does my '05. This usually happens when the
outside temperature is not very high, but humidity is high enough to
want the A/C on. I can leave the A/C on and push the vent button on
my '05 to make the air come out of the dash vents. Don't know if this
is an option with your '00.