AutoBanter

-   Audi (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Audi A4 wheel bolt torque (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=1107)

sjsturner August 20th 04 04:16 PM

Audi A4 wheel bolt torque

I got a flat tire repaired yesterday and when the repair
shop guy remounted it, I asked if the torque was 90 ft-lb.
He said they did only 80 and 100, 80 for cars and 100 for
trucks. Is 80 ft-lb okay? Thanks.

-SJS

Abigail Lorts August 23rd 04 03:32 AM

80 is fine but 90 is better.

om...

Cesar Borgia August 28th 04 02:42 AM

You should torque to 90ft-lbs, or 120Nm, just like the manual says.
Use a star pattern for best results.

If you don't have a torque wrench of your own, you should get one.
They are not expensive and they can save you a lot of hassle. You
should be able to get a clicking type for about $20 at Sears. Be sure
to get a 17mm socket.

--Cesar

On 20 Aug 2004 08:16:40 -0700, (sjsturner) wrote:

>I got a flat tire repaired yesterday and when the repair
>shop guy remounted it, I asked if the torque was 90 ft-lb.
>He said they did only 80 and 100, 80 for cars and 100 for
>trucks. Is 80 ft-lb okay? Thanks.
>
>-SJS

=
= Cesar Borgia