AutoBanter

-   Jeep (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   5.7 Hemi Wrangler (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=73669)

c[_1_] September 2nd 06 05:55 AM

5.7 Hemi Wrangler

Just saw this on eBay, kinda cool:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Jeep-...QQcmdZViewItem

Chris

RoyJ September 2nd 06 03:32 PM

5.7 Hemi Wrangler

Interesting that the e-bay write up clearly states "6 cylinder 4.0 liter"

And I just love it when someone lists off all the options they added to
a brand new base vehicle and touts the total cost. Nevermind that the
vehicle is 6 years old, is a daily driver, and has 60.000 miles.

Simon Juncal September 3rd 06 01:17 PM

5.7 Hemi Wrangler

RoyJ wrote:
> Interesting that the e-bay write up clearly states "6 cylinder 4.0 liter"

That's an automatic function of Ebay's VIN lookup it doesn't handle
custom vehicles.

I agree though too many people find out the hard way that their pride
and Joy is just a cheap bargain toy for most other people, or they list
it high with a high reserve and never get a bid. Built rigs almost
always bring pennys on the dollar.

--
Simon
"I may be wrong, but I'm not uncertain." -- Robert A. Heinlein

83 CJ September 5th 06 04:54 PM

5.7 Hemi Wrangler

Simon Juncal wrote:
> RoyJ wrote:
> > Interesting that the e-bay write up clearly states "6 cylinder 4.0 liter"

> That's an automatic function of Ebay's VIN lookup it doesn't handle
> custom vehicles.
>
> I agree though too many people find out the hard way that their pride
> and Joy is just a cheap bargain toy for most other people, or they list
> it high with a high reserve and never get a bid. Built rigs almost
> always bring pennys on the dollar.
>
> --
> Simon
> "I may be wrong, but I'm not uncertain." -- Robert A. Heinlein

To borrow a phrase from my boating friends. Jeep: A square hole in
the ground to pour money in. I should know, my hole is about half full
right now :)