AutoBanter

-   Chrysler (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   1993 Intrepid random stalling (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=72829)

Eric[_5_] August 21st 06 03:02 PM

1993 Intrepid random stalling

Hi All, I have a 93 intrepid with the 3.5l engine that randomly cuts out on
me. It doesn't fade like if its losing gas.
Things I have done to it recently that have not helped
Cleaned the throttle body.
Cleaned the TPS
Changed the fuel filter
Replaced a leaky fuel line
changed the cam sensor
It still stalls randomly.
The only thing in common is that it happens during the day when it is hot
out. In the evenings when I get home from work it rarely happens
Any ideas? Crank sensor maybe?
Thanks

NowItsWhatever August 21st 06 05:43 PM

1993 Intrepid random stalling

Plug wires?

Art[_1_] August 21st 06 06:11 PM

1993 Intrepid random stalling

Any codes? How old is the battery.

Steve[_1_] August 21st 06 06:23 PM

Eric wrote:

> Hi All, I have a 93 intrepid with the 3.5l engine that randomly cuts out on
> me. It doesn't fade like if its losing gas.
> Things I have done to it recently that have not helped
> Cleaned the throttle body.
> Cleaned the TPS
> Changed the fuel filter
> Replaced a leaky fuel line
> changed the cam sensor
> It still stalls randomly.
> The only thing in common is that it happens during the day when it is hot
> out. In the evenings when I get home from work it rarely happens
> Any ideas? Crank sensor maybe?
> Thanks

Our 93 3.5 has had two annoying bouts of random stalling. First time was
the crank sensor (no codes set). The second time it was a bad connection
at the MAP sensor, which finally did set a code.

Eric[_6_] August 21st 06 06:33 PM

1993 Intrepid random stalling

They could cause random stalling?

Eric[_6_] August 21st 06 06:34 PM

1993 Intrepid random stalling

No codes and 1 year old battery. I also cleaned and tighened the
connections

Eric[_6_] August 21st 06 06:35 PM

1993 Intrepid random stalling

I'm leaning towards the crank sensor I think

Big Brother August 22nd 06 10:29 PM

1993 Intrepid random stalling

Crank sensor maybe, failing fuel pump or possibly ignition switch needs
replacing..

6-8 months ago along a period of a week or two..my 95 Intrepid 3.3
169000 miles would just die cruising on the hwy..when cruising all dash
lights would come on and car would immediately die..most times would
restart immediately..

Big Brother August 22nd 06 10:41 PM

1993 Intrepid random stalling

Crank sensor maybe, failing fuel pump or possibly ignition switch needs
replacing..

6-8 months ago along a period of a week or two..my 95 Intrepid 3.3
169000 miles would just die cruising on the hwy..when cruising all dash
lights would come on and car would immediately die..most times would
restart immediately..

Had a spare crank and cam sensors..replaced them but didn't solve problem..

Took it into shop and they diagnosed it as a failing fuel pump..Replaced
it and still same problems..

I did a google search and saw several posts on flaky ignition switch..

Replace it then; now have 179000 miles and no further problems
immediately after replacing switch..

Rich

Eric[_5_] August 22nd 06 11:06 PM

1993 Intrepid random stalling

I know my ignition key is worn down quite a bit. That may be something to
look at
Thanks
et...