AutoBanter

-   Mazda (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   HELP needed with problem on 1991 Mazda MX-6 (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=32354)

NicholasTimple May 10th 05 04:05 PM

HELP needed with problem on 1991 Mazda MX-6

My 1991 Mazda MX-6 has the 2.5l SOHC, It has been trough alot however there
is one problem that I have with it and I just can't seem to figure out what
it is... I think its the spark plugs but I think I'm really wrong. I can
accelerate however I want it doesn't matter, I can gun it and everything!
However no matter how I accelerate as soon as the RPM's go past four the
car doesn't accelorate anymore, its like its in neutral, it just sits
there trying to go but it doesn't, and because of that if I go to pass
someone it wil down shift just fine but I can't let the RPM's go past
four... Does anyone no what the problem is here because I would really
like to fix this because I can get anywhere like that... If anyone can
help me or give me tips please email me at

Thank You
Nicholas

DH May 10th 05 05:10 PM

Clutch slip.

lkaboutautos.com...

Alley May 18th 05 03:01 AM

In article >,
says...
> Clutch slip.
>
> "NicholasTimple" > wrote in message
> lkaboutautos.com...
> > My 1991 Mazda MX-6 has the 2.5l SOHC, It has been trough alot however

> there

That would make it rev higher. Also, it wouldn't slip in every gear and
"keep" it at 4000rpm. There seems to be a "ceiling" with this car.
Something's happening at 4000rpm. I replied to an earlier post asking if
a tune up had been done and maybe a fuel filter/screen clog. Good luck.

Alley

NicholasTimple May 31st 05 03:52 PM

Well I finally did a total tune up on the car, and the distributor was
shot, I replaced the fulr filter, and had the fuel injectors cleaned, it
works like a charm now, thank you all for you help, It helped alot!