AutoBanter

-   Dodge (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Tailgate cannot open (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=38427)

drdecker July 17th 05 05:28 PM

Tailgate cannot open

I cannot open the tailgate of my 1999 Plymouth Voyageur.The lock is seized.
I have tried using
WD40 with persistence and it has not worked. Is there a way I can open my
rear door. I cannot even
get the key in the lock.

Thanks

maxpower July 17th 05 11:51 PM

"drdecker" > wrote in message
lkaboutautos.com...
> I cannot open the tailgate of my 1999 Plymouth Voyageur.The lock is

seized.
> I have tried using
> WD40 with persistence and it has not worked. Is there a way I can open my
> rear door. I cannot even
> get the key in the lock.
>
> Thanks

The problem is the electric door lock acuator if frozen, you have to remove
the hatch panel from inside the vehicle and relase the latch that way

Glenn Beasley
Chrysler Tech

drdecker July 22nd 05 09:52 PM

Thanks Guys,

I think actually both of you are right! I am getting a noise when my doors
lock electronically!
I also think the lock is seized as well. I will try your advice tommorrow!