AutoBanter

-   Mazda (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Radio installationm (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=69562)

Dick Smyth July 12th 06 04:11 AM

Radio installationm

The radio on my 92 Miata has died and I plan to replace it. How do you get
at the mounting behind the dash?
Tx

ds

--
There is nothing wrong with having nothing to say unless you insist on
saying it.

BAK July 12th 06 04:23 AM

Radio installationm

"Dick Smyth" > wrote in message
net.ca...
> The radio on my 92 Miata has died and I plan to replace it. How do you get
> at the mounting behind the dash?
> Tx
>
> ds
>

> --
> There is nothing wrong with having nothing to say unless you insist on
> saying it.

On the '95, there are two screws on the sides where the center console meets
the dash, one under the cup holder and two more in the center console
storage compartment. then remove the two a c vents (they pop out, rim and
all) and there are two more screws at the top where the vents came out.
There are probably more at the bottom, but mine were missing. : (

[email protected] July 12th 06 02:05 PM

Radio installationm

Dick Smyth wrote:
> The radio on my 92 Miata has died and I plan to replace it. How do you get
> at the mounting behind the dash?
> Tx
>
> ds
>

> --
> There is nothing wrong with having nothing to say unless you insist on
> saying it.

I am sure someone will give you the steps to remove the radio, I used
the following web site couple of times, nice step by step instruction
with color pictures and it is only $3.99.

http://www.carstereoremoval.com/htm/...iata90_97P.htm

Good luck.

[email protected] July 12th 06 02:05 PM

Radio installationm

Christopher Muto[_1_] July 12th 06 03:55 PM

Radio installationm

or free instructions found here...
console removal:
http://miata.net/garage/console_removal.html