AutoBanter

-   Chrysler (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Cirrus died (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=8803)

partsmore November 12th 04 09:48 PM

Cirrus died

dash lights, speedo and tach quit working a couple of times,
but came right back on. Quit again and engine started missing, then died.
Started right back up-
done it twice now....
Cleaned carpets and interior, never done it before -
could it be moisture, coil?

---

DudLee

Mike Hall November 13th 04 12:19 AM

Crankshaft Position Sensors display those symptoms when they are failing..
not even sure that the Cirrus has one, but may be worth checking..

lkaboutautos.com...

Mike Hall November 13th 04 12:19 AM

Crankshaft Position Sensors display those symptoms when they are failing..
not even sure that the Cirrus has one, but may be worth checking..

lkaboutautos.com...

maxpower November 13th 04 12:08 PM

has nothing to do with cleaning carpet, crank sensor wont make the dash
lites go out, have the system scanned for any fault codes
lkaboutautos.com...

maxpower November 13th 04 12:08 PM

has nothing to do with cleaning carpet, crank sensor wont make the dash
lites go out, have the system scanned for any fault codes
lkaboutautos.com...

Mike Hall November 13th 04 02:47 PM

Mine did..

Mike Hall November 13th 04 02:47 PM

Mine did..

Chico November 13th 04 03:21 PM

On Fri, 12 Nov 2004 16:48:11 -0500, partsmore >
wrote:

> dash lights, speedo and tach quit working a couple of times,
> but came right back on. Quit again and engine started missing, then
> died.
> Started right back up-
> done it twice now....
> Cleaned carpets and interior, never done it before -
> could it be moisture, coil?

Is this a 3.5? My NYer had the timing belt tensioner wear out the pulley
bearing, and skipped a tooth. Ran REAL rough. Undrivable.

Chico November 13th 04 03:21 PM

maxpower November 13th 04 07:55 PM

yours did what?