AutoBanter

-   Saturn (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   My 2003 4 cyl Saturn Vue Ain't Bad Either! (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=12428)

Pinball Hobbyist May 15th 04 10:58 PM

My 2003 4 cyl Saturn Vue Ain't Bad Either!

I bought a leftover 2003 Saturn Vue. It is a 140hp 4 cyl 5 speed.
I find it has adequate power (I am very satisfied in this respect) and
excellent gas mileage.... 25 back and forth to work, 28+ on the highway.
Pretty darn good for an SUV! I like the 16 inch tyres and there is
plenty of room in the engine compartment when you pop the bonnet.
You could probably throw a handful of nickels in there and most of
them would hit the ground! (That's a crowdedness measure I use.)
It has lots of room inside and I can haul a pinball machine in it (which
was a requirement for any vehicle that I would consider buying). With
a load in it it still has adequate power and the same can be said when the
air is on. Also, it runs great on regular gas. My previous vehicle was a
2000 Ford Ranger extended cab and much of what I said above was
NOT true for the Ranger. I am very satisfied and told my wife that if
she wants to trade the Windstar in on a V6 Vue, she had my approval
without reserve! I am most impressed with Saturn's engineering of this
vehicle!
Don
--

R e m o v e XYZZY f r o m e m a i l a d d r e s s w h e n r e p l y i n g

Blah blah May 16th 04 10:18 PM

In article >,
says...
> I bought a leftover 2003 Saturn Vue. It is a 140hp 4 cyl 5 speed.
> I find it has adequate power (I am very satisfied in this respect) and
> excellent gas mileage.... 25 back and forth to work, 28+ on the highway.
> Pretty darn good for an SUV!

Sounds like the epa actually got the mpg right on this one.

> I like the 16 inch tyres and there is
> plenty of room in the engine compartment when you pop the bonnet.
> You could probably throw a handful of nickels in there and most of
> them would hit the ground! (That's a crowdedness measure I use.)
> It has lots of room inside and I can haul a pinball machine in it (which
> was a requirement for any vehicle that I would consider buying). With
> a load in it it still has adequate power and the same can be said when the
> air is on. Also, it runs great on regular gas. My previous vehicle was a
> 2000 Ford Ranger extended cab and much of what I said above was
> NOT true for the Ranger. <snip>

Yeah anythings an improvement over a fords engine conpartment! lol

except for the 3.0's. :-\