AutoBanter

-   VW air cooled (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Herbie !! (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=34536)

Susan S. June 4th 05 11:39 PM

Herbie !!

Today was just too fun !! Although the weather almost didn't cooperate, we
had a fantastic turn out for the arrival of Herbie. Rough guess, about 50
VW's of all types lined up for a huge caravan into Pensacola complete with
police escort. It was a real treat for everyone to see Herbie and the
guys that were in charge of him could not have been nicer.

Real thanks to our club leader Bill Tucker ("Wild Bill" ) who did a
fantastic job of organizing everyone and setting up the luncheon at the
local VW dealer. It was something to see.

One of our club members took these shots :

http://public.fotki.com/PMS/vw_event...rbie__friends/

Susan S.

johnboy June 4th 05 11:45 PM

"Susan S." > wrote in message
. ..
> Today was just too fun !! Although the weather almost didn't cooperate,
> we
> had a fantastic turn out for the arrival of Herbie.

Was it still on the trailer?

Shag June 4th 05 11:52 PM

On Sat, 4 Jun 2005 17:39:42 -0500, "Susan S."
> wrote:

>Today was just too fun !! Although the weather almost didn't cooperate, we
>had a fantastic turn out for the arrival of Herbie. Rough guess, about 50
>VW's of all types lined up for a huge caravan into Pensacola complete with
>police escort. It was a real treat for everyone to see Herbie and the
>guys that were in charge of him could not have been nicer.
>
>Real thanks to our club leader Bill Tucker ("Wild Bill" ) who did a
>fantastic job of organizing everyone and setting up the luncheon at the
>local VW dealer. It was something to see.
>
>One of our club members took these shots :
>
>http://public.fotki.com/PMS/vw_event...rbie__friends/
>
>Susan S.

Cool deal. What's the story about the fish bug thing? Man, that
thing is ugly!

johnboy June 5th 05 12:31 AM

http://images6.fotki.com/v103/photos...Tour033-vi.jpg

That is so pathetic I am a loss for words. What kind of pansies started this
whole trailer-queen poseur showboat thang? They ought to be strung up by the
balls, but they probably left them at home with their boyfriends.

Shag June 5th 05 12:32 AM

On Sat, 4 Jun 2005 18:31:02 -0500, "johnboy" >
wrote:

>http://images6.fotki.com/v103/photos...Tour033-vi.jpg
>
>That is so pathetic I am a loss for words. What kind of pansies started this
>whole trailer-queen poseur showboat thang? They ought to be strung up by the
>balls, but they probably left them at home with their boyfriends.

What is pathetic about promoting the movie? What do you thing they
should have done in all of your infinite wisdom? *snicker* Drive the
car all around the country? HAHAHA! You're a ****tard, john.

johnboy June 5th 05 01:04 AM

"Shag" > wrote in message
> On Sat, 4 Jun 2005 18:31:02 -0500, "johnboy" >
> wrote:
>
>>http://images6.fotki.com/v103/photos...Tour033-vi.jpg
>>
>>That is so pathetic I am a loss for words. What kind of pansies started
>>this
>>whole trailer-queen poseur showboat thang? They ought to be strung up by
>>the
>>balls, but they probably left them at home with their boyfriends.

> What is pathetic about promoting the movie? What do you thing they
> should have done in all of your infinite wisdom? *snicker* Drive the
> car all around the country? HAHAHA! You're a ****tard, john.

Who was doing the promo? Check it out.

Yeah, so I'm a ****tard for imagining they might want to distinguish
themselves from the likes of you.

Shag June 5th 05 01:31 AM

On Sat, 4 Jun 2005 19:04:13 -0500, "johnboy" >
wrote:

>"Shag" > wrote in message
.. .
>> On Sat, 4 Jun 2005 18:31:02 -0500, "johnboy" >
>> wrote:
>>
>>>http://images6.fotki.com/v103/photos...Tour033-vi.jpg
>>>
>>>That is so pathetic I am a loss for words. What kind of pansies started
>>>this
>>>whole trailer-queen poseur showboat thang? They ought to be strung up by
>>>the
>>>balls, but they probably left them at home with their boyfriends.

>> What is pathetic about promoting the movie? What do you thing they
>> should have done in all of your infinite wisdom? *snicker* Drive the
>> car all around the country? HAHAHA! You're a ****tard, john.

>Who was doing the promo? Check it out.
>
>Yeah, so I'm a ****tard for imagining they might want to distinguish
>themselves from the likes of you.

You're not making sense again, john. Time for another visit to the
doctor for an adjustment to the meds. You're embarrassing yourself.

johnboy June 5th 05 01:46 AM

"Shag" > wrote in message
> You're not making sense again, john. Time for another visit to the
> doctor for an adjustment to the meds. You're embarrassing yourself.

You gotta stop spiking your southern 3.2 beer.

Bill Berckman June 5th 05 03:10 AM

Nice Photos. I went to see a movie (The Longest Yard) on Saturday,
and they had a big cardboard Herbie on the wall promoting the movie.
Wonder if they would have noticed it I walked away with it.

Susan S. June 5th 05 03:23 AM

Ok, The fish car was part of the tour as the company "American Pride
Seafood" is one
of the sponsors of the movie (if I understood correctly).
The kids thought the fish car was very funny !

As for the trailer, Herbie did arrive to the rest stop in the trailer, was
quickly unloaded and
drove the rest of the way into Pensacola. As I understood, Herbie is
driven through the towns
but on the long stretches of interstate is in the trailer which was well
decorated for the promo.

And Johnboy....didn't your mama ever teach you that if you don't have
something nice to
say, just keep your mouth shut ????

Bill, Often places like the movie theaters give away those displays after
the movie is done
showing there. Just ask the manager and they may put your name and number
on it and will
call when they are done with it. Did this exact thing with a huge Toy Story
2 display from Wal Mart
for my son's bedroom. Was well over 6' tall....Was a real trip getting that
thing home !! LOL

ups.com...