AutoBanter

-   VW water cooled (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Scratch repair kit? (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=61556)

Chris April 5th 06 05:24 PM

Scratch repair kit?

Hi, I've got a 04 Jetta with a platinum finish. I've had it with all
the little nicks and 2 scratches on the front of the car. Is there a
good kit you can get that will go with the clear coat? I've got the vw
Paint stick but it came with no instructions what so ever.

I've heard that your always better off taking it to a body shop but I
do everything else myself so...

Suggestions welcome.
Chris

[email protected] April 6th 06 10:34 PM

Scratch repair kit?

Unless you're very good and experienced with doing the prep for and
using touchup paint, and you have a power orbital sander, I'd take it
to a good body shop. Then get a hood guard from these folks. They are
very well made and protect the front of the hood:

http://www.carbras.com/hoodguards.asp