AutoBanter

-   Audi (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   For sale, 2004 A4 Avant 3.0 Quattro Sport on eBay... (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=38749)

Daz July 21st 05 05:44 PM

For sale, 2004 A4 Avant 3.0 Quattro Sport on eBay...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...e=STRK:MESE:IT

Get bidding!!

Guy King July 21st 05 06:17 PM

The message >
from "Daz" <daz@home> contains these words:

> Get bidding!!

Start price set far too high. I'm not saying it won't sell for more than
that, but it may well have a slow start with a hurdle that large at the
outset.

--
Skipweasel.
Ivor Cutler - "Never knowingly understood."

Daz July 21st 05 10:24 PM

"Guy King" > wrote in message
> The message >
> from "Daz" <daz@home> contains these words:
>
>> Get bidding!!

> Start price set far too high. I'm not saying it won't sell for more than
> that, but it may well have a slow start with a hurdle that large at the
> outset.

Personal eBay preference, I don't start low and set reserves, I start
auctions at the reserve.

If it doesn't sell it's being traded for an M3 next Friday :-))

Matthew Maddock July 21st 05 10:46 PM

Daz wrote:
> "Guy King" > wrote in message
>
>>The message >
>>from "Daz" <daz@home> contains these words:
>>

>>>Get bidding!!

>>Start price set far too high. I'm not saying it won't sell for more than
>>that, but it may well have a slow start with a hurdle that large at the
>>outset.

> Personal eBay preference, I don't start low and set reserves, I start
> auctions at the reserve.
>
> If it doesn't sell it's being traded for an M3 next Friday :-))

Either way has their advantages / disadvantages. Being someone who
makes their living from eBay, my personal preference is to start low
as it gets people hooked into the auction. But then a reserve equally
puts people off bidding.

Have fun with the M3 - what a car! I've driven a couple, they are
just like big go-carts! Still not sure about the SMG gearbox tho.

My uncle received his new M5 a few weeks ago - ouch! The V10 sounds
just like a diesel on tickover tho. - very weird.

Something I really miss with my Audi is rear wheel drive of my former
BMW's - I should have gone for a quattro!

Matt.