AutoBanter

-   BMW (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   removal of motor from regulator (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=71787)

stratcat58 August 8th 06 06:25 PM

removal of motor from regulator

I have a '95 525i. I have a new regulator for the rear drive. side. I
am perplexed as to how to get the last screw removed from the motor?

the geared arm that engages the motor is blocking access. any
suggestions? thanks.

-Ron

Portland, Ore.

Dave Plowman (News) August 8th 06 06:48 PM

removal of motor from regulator

In article .com>,
stratcat58 > wrote:
> I have a '95 525i. I have a new regulator for the rear drive. side. I
> am perplexed as to how to get the last screw removed from the motor?

> the geared arm that engages the motor is blocking access. any
> suggestions? thanks.

Wire the motor to the battery to move it and gain access?

--
*OK, who stopped payment on my reality check?

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

stratcat58 August 8th 06 08:29 PM

removal of motor from regulator

That's what I thought, but the arm does not travel far enough. Even the
new one w/o a motor has the hole blocked?!?

-Ron