AutoBanter

-   Honda (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   I think My car's odometer is screwed up (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=21963)

[email protected] January 23rd 05 05:06 AM

I think My car's odometer is screwed up

94 accord. Mechanical odometer.

I noticed something weird. On top of the odometer, there is the meter
that constantly rolls when you drive. It tells you how many miles you
have driven that week. Well, here's what's weird.

It's at 14.5 miles, and then suddenly, the odometer rolls to the next
mile.

Example:
The odometer is reading 1000, the meter above the odometer rolls to
14.5, when the odometer rolls to 1001. WTF? Shouldn't the meter roll
to 15.0 before the odometer rolls to 1001?
That's an example, but I hope someone can answer this.

Gordon McGrew January 23rd 05 05:14 AM

On 22 Jan 2005 21:06:19 -0800, "
> wrote:

>94 accord. Mechanical odometer.
>
>I noticed something weird. On top of the odometer, there is the meter
>that constantly rolls when you drive. It tells you how many miles you
>have driven that week. Well, here's what's weird.
>
>It's at 14.5 miles, and then suddenly, the odometer rolls to the next
>mile.
>
>Example:
>The odometer is reading 1000, the meter above the odometer rolls to
>14.5, when the odometer rolls to 1001. WTF? Shouldn't the meter roll
>to 15.0 before the odometer rolls to 1001?
>That's an example, but I hope someone can answer this.

If you mean, should the trip odometer change to x.0 when the main
odometer rolls to the next full mile, the answer is no. The trip
odometer measures from the point you reset it. Unless you happen to
reset it just as the main odo flips to the next mile, they won't be in
synch.

[email protected] January 23rd 05 05:21 AM

thanks. 1 less thing to worry about.