AutoBanter

-   Chrysler (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   92 Lebaron shift lever (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=9411)

Bob Hewitt January 15th 05 03:32 PM

92 Lebaron shift lever

Our 92 Lebaron shift lever sticks in the lower gear. Very hard to get
back to drive. Is this in the tranny or in the outside connectors?
Bob

Daniel J. Stern January 15th 05 05:21 PM

On Sat, 15 Jan 2005, Bob Hewitt wrote:

> Our 92 Lebaron shift lever sticks in the lower gear. Very hard to get
> back to drive. Is this in the tranny or in the outside connectors?

Probably needs a replacement shift cable. What type of shift lever does
your Lebaron have? Column or floor mounted?

Bob Hewitt January 16th 05 03:25 AM

Dan, The shift lever is on the steering column. Bob

Daniel J. Stern January 16th 05 04:16 PM

On Sat, 15 Jan 2005, Bob Hewitt wrote:

> Dan, The shift lever is on the steering column. Bob

Definitely the shift cable. They get kinked/bent near where they attach to
the column selector assembly, with the symptom you mention.

DS