AutoBanter

-   Technology (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Simoniz Orbital buffer Question (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=74101)

[email protected] September 7th 06 10:00 PM

Simoniz Orbital buffer Question

Hey, all...

I just bought one of those little 4" battery-powered random orbital
buffers from Simoniz - The one shaped like a hand drill, where the
battery slams into the handle....

Anyway. No manual with this thing, and I have a question about the
battery charger. I just want to confirm if I can safely leave the
battery in the charger for longer than the 5-hour charge time...
presumably the little red light will go out when the battery's fully
charged...?

If someone who has one of these beasties could confirm, I'd appreciate
it.

Thanks!!

BD

[email protected] September 8th 06 09:46 PM

wrote:

> I just want to confirm if I can safely leave the
> battery in the charger for longer than the 5-hour charge time...

Was it cheap and rechargeable ? Then I very much doubt it. Those
cheap chargers are as crude as they can possibly manufacture - battery
longevity is just not a consideration for them.

It's not even _advisable_ to use that charger at all, if you have a
better quality NiCd or NiMH charger to hand.

BD[_1_] September 8th 06 11:05 PM

Simoniz Orbital buffer Question

> It's not even _advisable_ to use that charger at all, if you have a
> better quality NiCd or NiMH charger to hand.

Proprietary battery. It's about the size of 2 glowsticks lashed
together. I wouldn't be able to use anything standard-format.