FishKeepingBanter.com

FishKeepingBanter.com (http://www.fishkeepingbanter.com/index.php)
-   General (http://www.fishkeepingbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Televisions near fish tanks?! (http://www.fishkeepingbanter.com/showthread.php?t=4538)

Paul August 28th 03 03:33 AM

Televisions near fish tanks?!

do you think there is anything wrong with putting a fish tank next to a
television.

The 3 main things that might annoy them a

1. sound. - (shouldn't be a prob I don't think, sound waves don't translate
from air to water very well)

2. Light. - (I've often wondered about this. I assume alot of people have
their tank in their lounge room, so basically, the fish go to bed when the
humans go to bed. I know fish don't sleep when there is some light in the
room.. would the flicker of a tv do much harm do you think?

3. radiation - probably not even worth worrying about hey...

does anyone have any links to info on the effects of light on fish?

Toni August 28th 03 04:08 AM

"Paul" wrote in message

2. Light. - (I've often wondered about this. I assume alot of people have
their tank in their lounge room, so basically, the fish go to bed when the
humans go to bed. I know fish don't sleep when there is some light in the
room.. would the flicker of a tv do much harm do you think?

One of mine is quite near a bedroom TV that is often on after the tank
lights go out.
I drape a towel over the end so the constant flicker doesn't make them nuts-
it is really harsh and bright with all the room lights out.
I just think it can't be good...

--
Toni
http://www.cearbhaill.com/aquarium.htm